VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Marijuana Legal For Medicinal Purposes

Rate this topic

I think good old POT is the answer! No Crank no speed no Alchol,( well mabey a little te hee) Im getting to that point where I feel nausious alot of the time

I know from the past that POT helps that and may soon start back up....

Arch (Ol Pot smoker)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

I never smoked pot but I am not against it either. After all we live in America don't we?

• HadIt.com Elder

Those with pain & muscle disorders such as MS, fibromyalgia, TBI are better off eating the leaf of the plant which is high in canabanoids instead of smoking it. Add it to cookie dough and eat one every four to six hours.

It works better than the drugs. So i've heard.

• 4 weeks later...

Helps with muscle cramping, some pain, attitude adjustment when dealing with VA redtape processes and definately nausia. I have a GERD problem caused by the medications they've "tried" on me. I have a swallowing problem as well now. Days may go by and I cannot eat solid foods. Making a butter (infused mixture) is the best vs. smoking for me. The VA has only asked that I not smoke cigarettes.

THC is not a water-soluble compound, so butter would naturally be a good carrier substance for injestion.

The leaf of the plant doesn't have as much THC.

http://veteransformedicalmarijuana.org/

http://norml.org/

Prescription medications have many physical side effects.

Alcohol and narcotics can be addictive.

There is no evidence of MJ causing addiction or having side effects.

Thanks to those who understand that the VA health care system may not have the best answers, especially with regards to those of us with mysterious illnesses caused by unknown issues with no cure that leave the veteran with little options to help provide a quality of life that he/she deserves.

x

x

x

Sometimes, MJ Tincture works for me, a few drops in a glass of juice when my bones ache with arthritus, makes it possible to loosen up muscles and move around. A little tincture's good when I have to be cooped up in a car, house, building, etc with other folks around. Makes me chuckle, laughter makes it possible to love others. Not an every day thing AND REMEMBER, what goes up, must come down, eases you into some nap time, must eat large amounts of good food, helps you have an appetite for some apple pie and ice cream. ~Wings

i used it in the past some and there is nothing wrong with it as far as i can see.

i would use it now if it was legal, because it really made a difference when i used

it in the past. alcohol is the worst and meth, stuff like that will destroy you. i was

only an alcoholic, but quit in 1996. i never was into any thing but a little weed

and alcohol. but that damn alcohol can get pretty bad.

I'm for it! They are proscribing it for PTSD in California along with other health problems.

John999 boy your right about those old timers, I remember my grandma growing plants right next to her house, I mean right beside her house years ago. Its was almost funny seeing her there in a picture in her church dress lookin through her bifocals with a 7 point leaf in her hand as if she was admiring it from years ago...lol. as for the Shine they pretty much don't brew much anymore, now they just sit back and draw a nut check....