VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Decided 07/1/2008

Rate this question

jmlo

Question

Here is the latest from VA. I spoke with my service rep two weeks ago who said I was approved for 100% IU with ch.35 benefits and I should be getting word in the next two weeks according to VA. They had misplaced my claim and then said there was a glitch in the computer system. Here is the latest exchange. I don't know what the hold up is. Do you think it is with finance? I should have a pretty sizeable retro payment and I've read about others on here that were decided in July 08 having delays getting their info. Does ch.35 mean that I have p/t?

Mr. XXXX,

Response (Department of Veterans Affairs)09/06/2008 08:15 AM Mr. ,

We have not completed our action in the computer system. It is back with the individual who will authorize the decision by the rating board. We hope to notify you of our decision within the next two weeks.

If you do not receive our decision by 09/22/08, please send us another inquiry and we will check into the delay.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message. If at some future time we can help you on a different subject, you may submit a new inquiry at https://iris.va.gov, call us toll free at 1-800-827-1000, or visit our web site at www.va.gov.

Sincerely,

D. Svirsky

Veterans Service Center Manager

217/250/94 Veteran/Inquirer09/02/2008 01:26 PM I am requesting information about the status of my claim for unemployability. I understand that there was a decision made July 2008 but I have yet to receive any paperwork on the decision. I was told that there was a computer glitch and they were trying to get my information in the system to get it mailed out to me. I was also told that is should arrive before now and to check back again if I hadn't received anything by 09/01/2008. Thank you.

Response (Department of Veterans Affairs) 08/20/2008 05:08 PM

Mr. ,

We are almost finished with your claim, but we need a little more time. You should receive notice of our action within 30 days, but probably much closer to two weeks. If you do not receive notice by 09/01/08, contact us again for an update.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message. If at some future time we can help you on a different subject, you may submit a new inquiry at https://iris.va.gov, call us toll free at 1-800-827-1000, or visit our web site at www.va.gov.

Sincerely,

D. Svirsky

Veterans Service Center Manager

217/233/94

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Do you live close to your VARO? Call and make an appointment and go there with copies of your iris's and any other copies of info you have stating such, and see your C-File too while you are there. Did you use a VSO? Like Larryj said contact your VSO too.

• HadIt.com Elder

When I was granted TDIU but denied Chapter 35 I filed an NOD for being denied Chapter 35. I was really wanting P&T status, but what the VA specifically denied was Chapter 35. I got it a year later on appeal.