VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao Korea 1968

Rate this question

Dick

Question

Berta

I have not received the VCAA since completing my last c&p for my eyes a few weeks ago. The individual that e-mailed me is William Kenny at hawkvets@gmail .com and he said he works with ex Cpt Phil Stewart. Phil's who's address can be found at the Korean war project where he tries to keep everyone updated. He is attempting to prove other units and camps were sprayed after July 69. I feel i have a valid claim and i do meet the 3 requirements but i don't feel confident not knowing the dates i was on the Z. How do i go about getting a copy of my C file? I want to start gathering info for a NOD in the event i am denied. I have read many of the claims info at the BVA site and most of them are units not recognized. I haven't read too many that are from the units listed which should be a good indicator. I hate not knowing or understanding how the system works. Perhaps my problem is being in limbo and not being able to proceed any futher with the claim until i hear from the VA. Doing nothing has never been one of my good suits.

Thanks for all your help

Dick

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Dick- he has contacted me and he joined hadit the other day-

I also gave him other contact info- perhaps he would be my guest at SVR in the future-

we all have to network and stick together on the AO Issue so that the Equity Act will hopefully pass (HR 6562) and there will finally be a chance for BWVs and any vet exposed to AO anywhere it was used and also has A0 presumptive disability-

as you know the AO issue for exposure outside of Nam and the limits of the KW regs is- every man and woman for themselves-

one of the first AO awards ever was to a female vet-sand there are many women out there who were exposed to AO in the service and could have AO disabilities but it concerns me that I see very few AO female vet claims.

WHat I mean as everyman/woman for themselves is that proving actual exposure for AO outside of Nam andoutside the civilian control line dates for Korean vets-

is that these vets have to obtained the DOD info themselves under FOIA or have buddy statements that can support their exposure.

On AO vet used a newspaper article as to Army usage near the Alaska pipe line and was recently awarded AO comp- I recently discussed this with a lawyer from NVLSP and he was as baffled as I was that the AMC actually accepted this article as evidence to put him exposed-

I found no other info in his decision that showed he was exactly where the Army was when they used it.Then again I had limited info on this claim.

Phil will be an asset here at hadit in this forum and is I am sure as overwhelmed as all AO advocates are-trying to get the AO situation fair for all exposed veterans.