VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Review Of Echo And C&p

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My regular private internist reviewed my Echocardiogram and my C&P exam for heart disease from the VA. The VA examiner said No Heart Disease. However, she missed the physical evidence of HBP that the echo showed. She missed it because she refused to see it, or was so incompetent that she could not see it. My doctor looked at the Echo and checked my blood pressure and said that I needed to be on HBP meds. The heart muscle had gotten thicker than normal. This means it is pumping harder which often indicates HBP. The C&P doctor was so focused on ruling out heart disease that she never even considered this. My VA Primary never reviewed the Echocardiogram I am sure. So a potential problem was missed twice by these people that call themselves doctors. Anybody out there who is just depending on the VA to save money I say you are risking your life. You may think you are getting world class care but you are not. They don't have time or the competence to give it to you. Since I have DMII I believe I will claim the HBP as secondary. If I had not claimed DMII they would never have SC'ed it. If I had not claimed each and every secondary condition of DMII they never would have SC'ed it. This makes four secondary conditions and working on cataracts as number five that the VA has just ignored. I have to be a medical Sherlock Homes. Every time I complain about them doing something like this they retaliate by like cutting of my pain meds. I will live long enough to ^%$% on their graves.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

As one of the greats at hadit said "We earned this care from the VA". Yet, I do not trust them and take all results to a outside doctor. I go for the pills and to just document my disabilities. I often feel it is a waste of time going to the VAMC. I find it insulting and I always want to take a bath after coming home. The Pain Clinic wanted me to sign to stay 19 days in the VAMC and that would cure my pain. Maybe I should just do it to show them they are wrong, but on second thought I won't. Imagine 3 weeks in the tank with other chronic pain sufferes. I think that might be depressing since anyone desparate enough to do it must be near death.

Tyler

Tyler, RVH is a different issue as it is otherwise known as cor pumonole. It is often a result of Pulmonary Hypertension associated with the following: Primary Pulmonary Htn, Long term sleep apnea.

It is a result of the heart overworking itself trying to pump blood through the lungs. That is why it is rated as a lung condition.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta, you are very correct about claiming each and every condition for potential SC.

I was told to do that but needed guidance how to do it right. I missed years of sc not using closest medical terms, diagnosis description and or current diagnosis. Years later, still reworking original claim with declining health.

I am the only one that reads my smrs, Cfile, va med records for details and sc disabilities. I learned to avoid "military whitewash' thinking. During outprocess, sure signed tons of papers without clue to future effect. Thought someone had my back covered, but learned being 'out of' service is a foreign world.

If I got a restart, I'd "Question and research before sigining" outprocessing forms, suspense dates are someone elses responsibility.

Bottom LINE - service connect cardio conditions ASAP with good IMO.

cg

make sure you all claim each and every condition that there could be SC potential for- either direct SC or as secondary to a SC disability or under 1151 if you think their incompetence caused you a disability or aggravated one you already had
. Edited by cowgirl