VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Won, I Totally Won!

Rate this question

Googy

Question

Well, after exactly one year I won my claim with the help of my awesome NSO and lots of study on my part, a lot of help from hadit.com (thanks Berta) and a bit of luck. They awarded me SMC R2 and a year of back pay.

1. I started a claim.

2. I received a letter from the VA with a scheduled C & P exam. Saw a Doc and she wrote out the report which was not even true. I wonder what her M.O. was?

3. I amassed a huge stack of medical records proving a nexus pertinent to this claim and submitted it. They didn't even read the info, they simply denied everything. I thought I would overwhelm them and surely they would see the facts and approve.

4. I appealed and then requested a DENOVO review.

5. Had DRO hearing. I was not present for the hearing and my NSO represented me. He did a great job and my claim was approved. I really thought I would only get to SMC M or P with only a slight chance of being approved for R1. I saw some Docs who really know my medical history who have been treating my medical condition(s) over many years and they were able provide letters that really sealed the deal. Thanks Docs!

Well here it is and my beautiful wife is home caring for me and I am getting great medical care now. That was a difficult and nerve wracking process. So now I am 100% P and T receiving SMC R2. I have hope that I can stick around for a while. I really love God, life, my family and credit Him with blessing my family and myself with these great gifts.

Now, any of you out there that think dealing with the VA is an impossible task. Let me tell you that you can win, but it takes some work. I know I was fortunate, but if you study up on the VA workings and that cryptic CFR 350, get a NSO who cares, get your info together such as med records and letters from Docs in support of your case, and persist in appealing and appealing, you have a good chance of catching someone's attention and getting good results. I will keep checking in and trying to help another Vet who is falling through the cracks like myself for over 20 years. I will begin another claim next year. I have alot of paper to feed that fire with.

Thanks,

Googy

PS If you wonder what Googy means, it was my favorite place to eat as a child in Scottsdale, AZ. Googy's was the name. It has been closed down since the early 80's, I believe.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Way to go Googy!

To others... CFR 350 is referring to 38 CFR 3.350 which deals with special monthly compensation ratings.

I glad that was cleared up; all I found was something related to vehicle regulations. :P

Again, it was great to hear about a deserved WIN. ;)

Way to go Googy!! Is it not just amazing how well documented many vet's claims are--and still get denied resulting in DRO/denovo review, BVA, etc.? **VARO's could sure diminish this backlog of claims by simply looking for the reasons to "approve" the claim, instead of automatically looking for "any" reason or loophole for a denial. Look for the basic reasons for approval, instead the VA almost always goes negative. Regardless of many times very positive evidence.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations Googy!!!!!

3. I amassed a huge stack of medical records proving a nexus pertinent to this claim and submitted it. They didn't even read the info, they simply denied everything.

Thats the claims process alright. More raters doing the same thing, will bring the same results. Put the crooks in jail where they belong.

I think Brookshires in Phx closed down about the same time.

Edited by allan

Well, after exactly one year I won my claim with the help of my awesome NSO and lots of study on my part, a lot of help from hadit.com (thanks Berta) and a bit of luck. They awarded me SMC R2 and a year of back pay. 1. I started a claim. 2. I received a letter from the VA with a scheduled C & P exam. Saw a Doc and she wrote out the report which was not even true. I wonder what her M.O. was? 3. I amassed a huge stack of medical records proving a nexus pertinent to this claim and submitted it. They didn't even read the info, they simply denied everything. I thought I would overwhelm them and surely they would see the facts and approve. 4. I appealed and then requested a DENOVO review. 5. Had DRO hearing. I was not present for the hearing and my NSO represented me. He did a great job and my claim was approved. I really thought I would only get to SMC M or P with only a slight chance of being approved for R1. I saw some Docs who really know my medical history who have been treating my medical condition(s) over many years and they were able provide letters that really sealed the deal. Thanks Docs! Well here it is and my beautiful wife is home caring for me and I am getting great medical care now. That was a difficult and nerve wracking process. So now I am 100% P and T receiving SMC R2. I have hope that I can stick around for a while. I really love God, life, my family and credit Him with blessing my family and myself with these great gifts. Now, any of you out there that think dealing with the VA is an impossible task. Let me tell you that you can win, but it takes some work. I know I was fortunate, but if you study up on the VA workings and that cryptic CFR 350, get a NSO who cares, get your info together such as med records and letters from Docs in support of your case, and persist in appealing and appealing, you have a good chance of catching someone's attention and getting good results. I will keep checking in and trying to help another Vet who is falling through the cracks like myself for over 20 years. I will begin another claim next year. I have alot of paper to feed that fire with. Thanks, Googy PS If you wonder what Googy means, it was my favorite place to eat as a child in Scottsdale, AZ. Googy's was the name. It has been closed down since the early 80's, I believe.
Congrats! this is great to read on a sunny Sunday morning. I am also happy that you are getting the care that you need.