VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2008 Edition Of The Vbm

Rate this question

Berta

Question

If you get these automatically, it should be on your doorstep soon.

The reason the VBM contains much of the older info is that this is a law manual and-after years of working for lawyers, I know the VBM format is much easier to read than buying a booklet of supplements and trying to associate the supplemental info with each chapter.

If any of you ever tried to read the CFR or USC in a law library-they attach the supplements to the back of each volume and they are MISERable to deal with.But they contain the most updated reg changes and are important.

Whats new in the VBM- new regulations governing the behavior of vet reps and attorneys (YIPPEE)

TBI residual injury claims advice

CRDP explained

Transition info

VA's new "Expedited Claims Adjudication initiative" (whats that)

The new CAVC efilings rule changes

Revised travel fee rates

attorney fees info etc etc

A WEALTH of info that no advocate can be without.

Advocates fee is 108.00 and with shipping handling- 130.00 bucks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It is really a great resource. Maybe I will get another one. I got 2006 and 2005. I did learn about some of the conditions that are secondary to DMII from the VBM. I wish I could take a real course in doing claims that would incorporate all the sources and put me through the paces to be able to do a claim beyound just filing a getting a doctor to back me up. How do the lawyers do it? They can't learn this stuff at a weekend seminar.

http://www.vetadvocates.com The National Organization of Veterans Advocates, Inc. is what those in my area utalize. For information and some training sessions. Also conferences and inservices with Larry Scott, and Jim Strickland, from Watchdog.org in Chicago,Il back some months ago.

Their next conference is in Ca Sept 26-28th 2008. These are how the lawyers receive educational instructions on handling claims. Look it up...interesting too. Providing representation for american veterans and their dependants That is the Fall Conference Schedule. B) General membership is $100.00 per yr. Lawyers pay $400.00 and get to vote.

They also have resource material and The Merck manuals on line on their site too.

Edited by halos2

Thanks for the posts and update on availability of VETERANS BENEFIT MANUAL from Nexis

Lexis (2008). I think it is the best book available for those working on their own claim or trying to help others. It is expensive, but great book. I ordered mine last night. Again, thanks to all on posting the 2008 copy is now available-I did not know.