VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Patient Advocate

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I talked to the patient advocate today about the pain clinic cutting off my pain meds. The advocate was a total idiot. He would not process any sort of appeal. He said it was between me and my doctor. After telling him he was a lazy jerk I called the medical director's office. They listened and told me they would investigate and get back to me. I have the directive in front of me that says the facility director is responsible to sort out all medical disputes. I have two gripes including the kind of C&P exam I got that was by it's own standard inadequate. Forget about the patient advocate. He is just a lazy bum who lies to patients and drinks coffee all day. There are two advocates at the Tampa VAMC. If you get the old guy just go over his head and believe nothing he tells you.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I've never been accused of being paranoid. I speak from this vet's experience. The Patient Advocate sleeps with the enemy. Maybe literally! Just this vet's experience. Peace ,William

• HadIt.com Elder

Go to the ER and tell them you are in Pain. The Er Doc should intervene. Go after hours as they may try to direct you your PCP.

SB had it right on the nose. Kill them with Kindness but copy the procedure.

J

Hello All Hope All Is Well. It Has been my expeirence in dealing withany pt.advocate they can only respond or act within the policies of the facility thats it they have no power to change a thing?I attempted the kill them with kindness look what it got me a BOWL full of nothing.lmao does not supriseme the least bit these folks should be ashaned of themselves everyone of them whom partake in this deception of assistance ? I have yet to meet a true individual who puts there money where there mouth is ? NOT ONE .Please forgive me i do not wish to offend !