VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Info Dro Review?

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

Hello all! I called the VA again today and the guy I spoke with could not offer to much info cause the computers were down or the program he needed give me some real information on my claim. So he said he could look and tell me where my c-file was and maybe this could shed some light where I am at in my claim and as most of you know I am waiting on a DRO review date, the last I heard my c-file was on a desk waiting in a pile for this date. The man I spoke with said my file was picked up on Sept 8th to be "rated" and it was not piled with others but open on the review officers desk?

This just struck me as odd and felt that chill you get before you open that envelope that something is going down. There are other things going too but to much to mention......sign. The worring has started ..uuuuuhhhh.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Rich, I didnt think you would need a DRO review. The Reviewer often gets his hands on a record and reads it, I mean actually look at it. Given your previous denial information and the manner it was handled, I would say they are are rating your claim as you typed this one up.

Expect a decision Soon.

I also believe they were startled by the rapid fire NOD. You Know the other reason they are doing this.

Like I said, Keep on aqueezing. You know where you got them.

J

You know I really felt the VA would follow through with a Sit down DRO even with the over whelming evidence they would explore every avenue to hand me a goose egg again after the flimsy thin hollow denial. It really leaves you with a mistrust and paranoia of what the VA's will do to deny a solid claim. I can't imagine how those must feel that have to "service connect" an injury acquired in service. I used to think I had it bad it was only after reading this board day after day over the past year I see how most veterans are treated that I know it could truly be worst. To find out they are rating it again kinda scares me where as I was happy as a hernia before.............

My AO claim had 2 DRO reviews in 2005 and was set for a different DRO to look at it-that was last August after a remand in August 2006-

An Aug 2007 VCAA letter I got on a different claim seemed to indicate that a different DRO had my AO claim , plus subsequent Iris stuff from the VSM indicating up to a few months ago the AO claim was with a DRO.

The rep who said he would present my medical evidence to the DRO in 2005 filed a Motion at the BVA to revoke the POA 2 months ago and I called the BVA to see if they received my rebuttal to the Motion and found that BVA has the whole 9 yards-there was an apparent 2 year date for return of the remanded claim?

I dont know if they (BVA) actually can do this or not-and without any letter of transfer to the BVA from my RO-I am in limboland again-

I guess my point here is- most of the last 5 1/2 years ,my claim has been "on a DRO's desk" or even ready to rate-etc etc -I guess we all have to be willing to wait.

I sure dont think however-that you will wait much longer.

JBasser made a good point-

if they have enough to rate -they could rate it without a need for a DRO review.

yoggie,

Had you requested a Hearing with the DRO ?

carlie

Yes, I made the request back in March 08 just after my denial in FEB 08 2 weeks later the VA had my NOD, when I fired the DAV for trying to send me to the BVA instead of even just a DRO. My file was not read or rated properly due to a number of errors and also finding another veterans documents in m y C-file didn't help the VA case much either. I figure the VA's stance will be, "well it mistakenly got put in his file when we copied it to send it to Mr.yoggie". That would make sense if it was not scattered though my c-file but as you know the VA will make me the villain after I brought it to their attention. Then writing me a letter to return it or else and never stated that they put it in my file mistake but instead of sticking to more that the paper work was lost or stolen and I could be held solely responsible for it gone missing.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yoggie:

The VA does this to a lot of people so don't feel that its your fault. The Hearing should go a long way to get things straightened out and I am optimistic that you have the resources available to win your claim.

Good Luck