VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Info Dro Review?

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

Hello all! I called the VA again today and the guy I spoke with could not offer to much info cause the computers were down or the program he needed give me some real information on my claim. So he said he could look and tell me where my c-file was and maybe this could shed some light where I am at in my claim and as most of you know I am waiting on a DRO review date, the last I heard my c-file was on a desk waiting in a pile for this date. The man I spoke with said my file was picked up on Sept 8th to be "rated" and it was not piled with others but open on the review officers desk?

This just struck me as odd and felt that chill you get before you open that envelope that something is going down. There are other things going too but to much to mention......sign. The worring has started ..uuuuuhhhh.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

yoggie,

By chance were you able to locate the vet that the other

records pertained to ??

Just think, that vet may have had a claim denied because VA put

the records in the wrong cfile, and a decision maker may not have

ever seen this evidence.

This is one of the things that really irritate me not to mention it

breaking the HIPPA laws.

jmho,

carlie

...I fired the DAV...so besides you doing all of the work on your claim all of this time you are now representing yourself? Is this right? Anyway you need to pursue the hearing request. It took a little over 6 months before I got my personal hearing with the DRO after requesting the DRO and DE NOVO review 7 months prior. I even requested a 2 hour span after they originally set me up for 1 hour. I had 2 very important issues to argue and debate with.

So, if you are representing yourself or whoever, call, fax, write them the fact on such and such date you requested a personal hearing with the DRO. Don't settle for them to reevaluate your claim the way it stands now. Unless you are fully assured you will win; I would write to the VARO manager if that's who I needed to in order to present my evidence in person, that's what I would do.

When you are in the hearing you are in charge...You present the evidence, You are able to establish the fact that person is dealing with a living breating person with health issues. I think by bringing in the humanistic approach does help. Person to person is the preferred way, in my opinion.

Be persistent. Get the personal hearing as you asked for.

Give yourself the best chance you can. Good luck in your quest. B)

yoggie,

By chance were you able to locate the vet that the other

records pertained to ??

Just think, that vet may have had a claim denied because VA put

the records in the wrong cfile, and a decision maker may not have

ever seen this evidence.

This is one of the things that really irritate me not to mention it

breaking the HIPPA laws.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie, I was conflicted that the other VET in question may not want me to knowing his business. I plan to send him a copy anonymously and let him know how I happened across it. Some of it was a "Denial" that he had 60 days to respond to that was 7 months old this is why I notified the VA what had happen at that time and they were never concerned till I went in to turn in evidence and it was in a see through sleeve and it was noticed by a VARO rep and was asked "what is that"!?!? I stated I was going to turn it in to the DRO officer at the review and it was then the crap started. I told her this was part of the evidence I plan to turn in at the hearing and was to show how badly my claim was handled that another Vet's evidence was in my file. This is where it went to, I was bracing for an attack when she said, "you are not going anywhere you stay right there!". Minutes later I asked where the restroom was and was told to leave my binder on her desk as a Guard was coming up from the first floor to block the elevators on the 3rd where the VARO office is located. Yes it went down this way and it got really serious but telling you what happened doesn't do it justice. I called a fellow member in case I was killed there not knowing what to do and what existent the VARO would go but in my mind it seemed pretty clear. I was preparing a plan for battle in my head. As fast as it all started I sat down after the rest room and they acted as this 8 minutes of $hit just didn't happen and didn't even mention it, they turn off the switch as mine was on overload big time.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yoggie, Those 2 little letters instills a certain amount of fear.

Could it be that thet went looking through your record and found the original paperwork for the Other Vet?

That could explain the sudden about face from waiting for a DRO review to actually someone physically rating the claim.

I said you would never make it to the hearing. Reconsideration is your Key issue.

If I were you I would expect a rating decision soon.

J

Edited by jbasser

...I fired the DAV...so besides you doing all of the work on your claim all of this time you are now representing yourself? Is this right? Anyway you need to pursue the hearing request. It took a little over 6 months before I got my personal hearing with the DRO after requesting the DRO and DE NOVO review 7 months prior. I even requested a 2 hour span after they originally set me up for 1 hour. I had 2 very important issues to argue and debate with.

So, if you are representing yourself or whoever, call, fax, write them the fact on such and such date you requested a personal hearing with the DRO. Don't settle for them to reevaluate your claim the way it stands now. Unless you are fully assured you will win; I would write to the VARO manager if that's who I needed to in order to present my evidence in person, that's what I would do.

When you are in the hearing you are in charge...You present the evidence, You are able to establish the fact that person is dealing with a living breating person with health issues. I think by bringing in the humanistic approach does help. Person to person is the preferred way, in my opinion.

Be persistent. Get the personal hearing as you asked for.

Give yourself the best chance you can. Good luck in your quest. B)

Halos it 100 percent correct. If you requested a hearing make them have it. On my claim I requested a hearing then the DRO reviewed the claim and denied all issues. I then screamed and screamed about my hearing that I requested. It took a few months but I did have my hearing which resulted in all of my issues on appeal being awarded.

Just an update on current time span of VARO: I requested DRO/DeNovo review without a personal hearing. As of Nov. 8th, it will be 7-months and not a word. I'll give them 8. Then back to attack mode with drawn saber!! (*Also, at my BVA hearing I did 98% of the

presentation, with AMVETS S.O. present and won). BVA service connected the conditions sending file back to VARO which of course then screwed me on the Rating %. Wishing/hoping for more favorable DRO-on rating %. And yes--my file got mixed with another vet's, which the VA admitted to by phone, but not in writing.