VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New C&p Exams

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

oh boy, I spent some time with another quack, he kept getting me to try and say I had other strokes other than the TIA's and the "stroke" in 1992, I just gave him the ;etter my ex wife wrote about the Feb-April 1992 time period. I told him I still have memory problems, and no I didn't ever have any other stroke's after 1992. I gave him the Dr report that finally ordered the MRI in 1995 that showed the 3 inch infarction in my left parietal/occipital lobe and that it looked old. How they can tell a New one from an old one I don;t have a clue, but he kept trying to get me to say the stroke happened last year, go figure. I have a new heart exam on the 3rd at 430 I wonder what they do this time. It's with a different doctor this time and actual cardioligist instead of their hatchet MD C&P staff doctor. I expect better results.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

TestVet

The VA told me I had had a stroke. It turned out to be some other vet's records. They can even confuse your C&P exam records with another vet's. Never underestimate their incompetence.

The VA told my husband his numerous strokes in Fall 1988 and numerous VA ER trips were symptoms due to a hole in his eardrum. He had been in major explosion in Nam and doc attributed it to that-BUT his hearing was perfect-So We went up to the VA audiologist-no hole in eardrum-

We went to a private hearing profession -no hole in eardrum-in 1997 I proved to VA they were misdiagnosed strokes.

His major stroke- I got about 6-7 diagnoses on that one before they got that right-

oh-by the way In 1992 a treating doctor told me not to tell the veteran he would never walk again- because his BP would go up-he said you know heart, PTSD, HBP- dont tell him this-

I said what is wrong with his heart- (first time they ever mention that)-

after a long pause he said "nothing"

Part of my FTCA settlement for wrongful death was due to 6 years of undiagnosed heart disease and a heart attack he had at the VA which was misdiagnosed as a sinus infection, inspite of abnormal EKG etc-

PS the treating VA doc who said Nothing was wrong with Rod's heart was a VA cardiologist.

John- if they say you had strokes and you dont remember them, why not file a Sec 1151-they should have treated you for them-whether you had them or not- they say you did-you might get SMC Award.

The 1988 strokes my husband had were confirmed by MRI in 1992-it took them four years to figure them out.and of course they never medically treated him to prevent his major 1992 stroke.

I know you all much get tired of me telling Rod's story- if it can help one single vet who reads it and begins to really look into their VA care-that would give value to my repetition-also my claim is giving me flashbacks-he dropped dead right in front of me and our cattle and horses-in the barn-it seemed no warning pains at all- buthe put his hand on his heart-

I immediately gave him CPR-it didn't work-

Sudden death Syndrome as consequence of VA's undiagnosed diabetes too-

Sometimes men and women- it is not what we have done but the little things we didnt do-that we allow to fly by us- and then years later they become important when we support our claims-

or when we really look into medical records.

Edited by Berta

The VA told my husband his numerous strokes in Fall 1988 and numerous VA ER trips were symptoms due to a hole in his eardrum. He had been in major explosion in Nam and doc attributed it to that-BUT his hearing was perfect-So We went up to the VA audiologist-no hole in eardrum-

We went to a private hearing profession -no hole in eardrum-in 1997 I proved to VA they were misdiagnosed strokes.

His major stroke- I got about 6-7 diagnoses on that one before they got that right-

oh-by the way In 1992 a treating doctor told me not to tell the veteran he would never walk again- because his BP would go up-he said you know heart, PTSD, HBP- dont tell him this-

I said what is wrong with his heart- (first time they ever mention that)-

after a long pause he said "nothing"

Part of my FTCA settlement for wrongful death was due to 6 years of undiagnosed heart disease and a heart attack he had at the VA which was misdiagnosed as a sinus infection, inspite of abnormal EKG etc-

PS the treating VA doc who said Nothing was wrong with Rod's heart was a VA cardiologist.

John- if they say you had strokes and you dont remember them, why not file a Sec 1151-they should have treated you for them-whether you had them or not- they say you did-you might get SMC Award.

The 1988 strokes my husband had were confirmed by MRI in 1992-it took them four years to figure them out.and of course they never medically treated him to prevent his major 1992 stroke.

I know you all much get tired of me telling Rod's story- if it can help one single vet who reads it and begins to really look into their VA care-that would give value to my repetition-also my claim is giving me flashbacks-he dropped dead right in front of me and our cattle and horses-in the barn-it seemed no warning pains at all- buthe put his hand on his heart-

I immediately gave him CPR-it didn't work-

Sudden death Syndrome as consequence of VA's undiagnosed diabetes too-

Sometimes men and women- it is not what we have done but the little things we didnt do-that we allow to fly by us- and then years later they become important when we support our claims-

or when we really look into medical records.

Greetings Berta

I have learned a lot from you and thank you for your dedication and support for fellow veterans. I too was misdiagnose for Sleep Apnea. The VA first denied it because it "Sleep Apnea" was not listed in my medical records. I didn't give up and filed a NOD with supporting medical records. The VA approved my Sleep Apnea condition as service-connected. So, we must continue (with patience) fighting for what is right...especially when you have the evidents. Happy New Years to all Veterans who have dedicated thier service to this great country. God Bless America

Best Regards

Chiefhouse