VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase For Adjustment Disorder C&p Exam

Rate this question

dav_marine72

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts to my adjustment disorder rating. I am currently rated 30% from 2002 and have appealed that I should be rated higher. They are finally getting around to the exam now. I am rated secondary do to my service connected back. My symptoms from the start have been multiple panic attacks daily, lose of work because I have to leave based on the attacks, eight jobs in four years, some I was fired for missing time, others I quit because I couldn't get along with boss and co-workers and was being written up. I have been taking zoloft 60mg once a day, ativan 1mg three times a day (increased from .5 in 2004), buspar 20mg four times a day (increased from 10mg three times a day in 2004), and of course my four courses of oxycoden a day for the back and nerve pain. The pain has been so bad the last two years I have been crying a lot. I am consistently fighting with my wife because I can't do anything around the house. I can't watch or pick up the kids. When I do leave the house I won’t leave without extra meds because I am scared of an attack. My wife has to drive me to work because I am so doped up. When I originally appealed they stated I have some symptoms of 50% but not enough to get it. I also have a problem showing emotions and telling it like it is in these exams. Any advice on what I should do next week at the exam? Thanks.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

From your symptoms and medications you should at least be 100% TDIU if you are unable to work. Good Luck on your exam. If you are working than at least 50%. Since you are working I doubt that you will get more than 50% unless the work is not substantial and you make very little money.

I have panic attacks and it appears to me that stress is the biggest part of having them. You might consider not working and drawing Social Security and full VA Benefits you earned them.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Pete. You have validated my thoughts. Unfortunately because I have little ones and day care would kill us I need to try and work as long as I can. Once my wife can go back to work I plan to stop working and go after TDIU and SS. I feel a little weak about doing that but I am also concerned that by taking all these meds and having the added stress of working I will not live to see my kids graduate high school. Thanks again.