VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Meds By Mail Still Suck

Rate this topic

I've had a few problems, too, but one of the best things that ever happened to me was the result of a pharmacy mnistake. I ran out of my antidepressant (Nortriptylene). The pharmacy mixed up the mailing label, sending it to a town I never lived in. I had taken that med for years, and was worried I would go back into a major depression. That was 5 months ago. Not only have I not had any depression, my mind has been clearer than it's been in a very long time. I'm able to work, to write, think, do all kinds of stuff I didn't have the mental or physical energy to do before. I don't recommend anyone go off their meds without their doctor's supervision, but from time to time, I think it's a good idea to question your doc about whether some meds can actually be causing more problems than they're helping to alleviate. For me, I'm just glad that pharmacist screwed up.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Nortriptylene is a very harsh medicine. I took it for awhile its old and cheap so the VA likes it. Lots of side affects as you mentioned. I am glad that it worked out for you.

Still it usually is not a good idea to go off a med like that.