Jump to content
Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×
  • 0

Loss Of The Use Of A Special Organ Claim

This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 


Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 


This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.




  • HadIt.com Elder

Hi Everyone,

I have filed a claim for loss of a special organ based on my erectile dysfunction from my sc back and the medications I take. It looks like if I can win this claim I will be entitled to special monthly compensation at $91 a month. My question is how intrusive is the C&P exam going to be? Has anyone else gotten this connected based on their back and or medications they are on? What was needed for evidence? Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Recommended Posts

You will need medical records from your doctor where you have been treated for this condition, and they didn't work. The C&P examination is not very invasive. I had a male doctor and he was very professional. Don"t worry about it, the extra money will come in handy and regardless of who does the examination, they aren't seeing anything they they haven't seen before. Go for it and thanks for your service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i hope you mean loss of use and not loss of reproductive organ.2 different issues.

Edited by simple fly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The regs say for "deformed" penis- I asked a SMC ED vet what that meant and he said "bent " penis-preventing intercourse.

I think this is what the VA will want to know -descriptionwise :rolleyes: -no C & P I know of for this type of ED claim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PS-if this is a known possible side affect of your SC meds make sure VA knows this and use as evidence any good drug printout for your meds that says the med can cause ED.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for all your replies.

I did some research and it looks like the only rating is

7522 Penis, deformity, with loss of erectile power—201

Since I have no deformity 0% would be the rating but all the cases at BVA I see get the extra $91 a month. Thanks for the comment about the treatment. I've told the VA and doctors I can't have sex anymore but haven't tried Viagra or anything. I guess I need to pursue that. I'm trying to get 100% and anything I can get for my family.

I am so screwed up and since I can't get life insurance (other than the VA 10K) I'm going to try and get whatever I can for them. I could probably get TDIU based on my 9 SCs. I am 70 now and when all done I'll either be 90% or 100% straight up. I just can't stop working now because my wife is taking care of our small children. I can't take care of them because of back, anxiety, asthma, and everything else. I need to suck it up until the kids are in school and wife goes back to work. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.


  • Advertisemnt

  • question-001.jpegLooking for Answers? Here are tips for finding the answers you seek.


    All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. To post, you must register. Registration is free. You can register for a free account here.


    You can read the forums without registering.


    Tips on posting on the forums.

    1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.


    Leading to:


    Post straightforward questions and then post background information.


    • A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    • I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?
    • B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
        • I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?


    This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.




    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed.
    • This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • Advertisemnt

  • VA Watchdog

  • Advertisemnt

  • Ads

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines