VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Loss Of The Use Of A Special Organ Claim

Rate this question

dav_marine72

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Everyone,

I have filed a claim for loss of a special organ based on my erectile dysfunction from my sc back and the medications I take. It looks like if I can win this claim I will be entitled to special monthly compensation at $91 a month. My question is how intrusive is the C&P exam going to be? Has anyone else gotten this connected based on their back and or medications they are on? What was needed for evidence? Thanks.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

From what I gathered in my searching if you can't perform you get rated 0% but can get SMC of $91 a month. If it is deformed and you can't preform you get the normal 20% rating.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA will likely call for a "C&P" exam. Exactly who does this "exam" is open to question, as it is done by an "NP" or even a female RN at some locations. The language in the regs generally calls for a Urologist with a specialty in men's reproductive organs. A similar case with a different but associated reproductive organ resulted in a VA denial, with the reason for the denial that three children were a result of the marrage. (Totally different, as the claim was not for impotence, but loss of reproductive function of a specific organ, one of a bi-lateral pair.) (An NOD was filed)It also may be possible to CUE, since the denial does not match the claim.

The $91 amount is significant, if for no other reason than it almost equals the Medicare part "B" premium.

Hi Everyone,

I have filed a claim for loss of a special organ based on my erectile dysfunction from my sc back and the medications I take. It looks like if I can win this claim I will be entitled to special monthly compensation at $91 a month. My question is how intrusive is the C&P exam going to be? Has anyone else gotten this connected based on their back and or medications they are on? What was needed for evidence? Thanks.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Chuck,

That is some great information. One of the things that scared me is the fact I have children and the VA will attack me for that. The last child I had was two years ago. Back then meant having sex and being laid up in bed for a few days because of my back afterward. I really wanted children so I sucked it up. I'll admit even though it caused a ton of pain and discomfort I did it. Over the last two years with the combination of my back and legs getting worse plus adding pain killers to my mix (oxy - zoloft - ativan - buspar - lisinopril - amitriptyline) either I can't stand at the position of attention or I can't finish.