VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain Management Clinic

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you talking about the VA? If so I'd fight them to the death over that. Give them hell and if they won't give you an appointment go talk to the patient advocate at the facility. More VA BS!

Are you talking about the VA? If so I'd fight them to the death over that. Give them hell and if they won't give you an appointment go talk to the patient advocate at the facility. More VA BS!

Yes!! I am talking about the VA.

My son was told by the NP at the Va clinic that she doesn't believe he can get another appointment at pain management beause he missed his last appointment.

He has been to see the Patient Advocate about this problem and also about he has been refused a phlebotomy for his blood cancer. He is to be maintained with an HCT level below 45, His last 2 times there to get a phlebotomy he was refused!! Because they said his levels were not bad at 48-50. Even after he tells them that anything over 42 [ which is his comfort zone] he is overwhlemed with symptoms. Still yet they refuse to allow him the phlebotomy.

Thanks

Jessie

Call the pain clinic and tell them there were extenduating circumstances and the appointment was missed(or whatever good reason) and you want the next available appointment as your pain symptoms are worsening. My pain clinic (VA) is behind 3 mths, so when you miss it takes 3 months to get another.

I started this and sent it then saw your reply so am adding something else.

Does he have a Dr or NP for his primary care team there? Who orders his blood work? Did they specifically write the parameters on his HCT? There should be a Dr following him and his care even if he see's a NP. There are times when someone is not able to cancel their appointmentswithin 24 hrs , and this is one where no way he should be held liable for it. With Ca treatments especially, there is no excuse he should be treated as such.

If the P A is worthless go to the next in charge...see if the FOIA person can help you, she tried to assist me...Talk to the assistant administrator, if nothing comes about it go to the administrator. Don't let some N P give you the run a round ever. Don't let anyone ever put him or you on hold. He served and needs the help.

Do you have a VSO rep at that hosp? Tell them to help now. Contact the pain Dr he has seen and tell him he needs a further appt if his clinic seem unwilling to help...

Edited by halos2

Yes, especially the pain clinic but its more to do with you Primary care doc. I like to cought hell asking them to fill my proscriptions from a private Dr and my Primary care doc went so far as to call my private Doctor to cut off my proscriptions. My Primary care doctor sent me to pain Mgt and told me if I call in early or miss an appointment and did not submit to a urine test immediately upon request I would be cut off and refused pain meds (and I live 60miles away) and said it very rudely.

Edited by yoggie2

• HadIt.com Elder

Or, as an alternative...roll up in the ER entrance.........DRAMA sometimes works better than ANYthing! :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

Drop Pn Mngmt. It's a joke. I am in the clinic at my VAMC and it's nothing but psychobabble about "thinking the pain away." I'm going to complete the 10 week therapy, and try to gleen a little something out of it, but I basically rely on my PCP for real answers to pain and medical problems.