VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain Management Clinic

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Jessie,

They booted me because i missed an appt that I didn't know of. I did a complaint via IRIS and wanted to know what was up and gave the name and rude comment of the VA Pain clinic rep........

Response was I'm rescheduled for Oct........not sure if this is good or bad personally but at least I can see how they (pain clinic) is.

If you miss one appointment with the pain management clinic can they refuse you another appointment??

Thanks

Jessie

• HadIt.com Elder

In Florida at least you have to see your pain doctor at least once a month for refills. No more scripts for pain meds with 4 refills. I don't think they can kick you out of the pain program for missing just one appointment but they do get very unhappy and let you know about it. With the nurse at the pain clinic I talked to she said that the pain meds were aggravating my psychiatric condition so she was taking me off the pain meds. I know the pain meds aggravate my condition, but so does chronic pain. She told me just to improve my posture and rub some ben gay on my back. She was supposed to get me some PT close to my home and did nothing. That kind of attitude is what scares me about the VA. They actually have people working with vets who have chronic pain who have no pity in their hearts. I will never go back to that clinic. I have already found a private pain doctor. What the VA really wants is for vets to sign up for the 19 day in-patient program. I am not spending 19 days in a VA hospital with four people per room.

In Florida at least you have to see your pain doctor at least once a month for refills. No more scripts for pain meds with 4 refills. I don't think they can kick you out of the pain program for missing just one appointment but they do get very unhappy and let you know about it. With the nurse at the pain clinic I talked to she said that the pain meds were aggravating my psychiatric condition so she was taking me off the pain meds. I know the pain meds aggravate my condition, but so does chronic pain. She told me just to improve my posture and rub some ben gay on my back. She was supposed to get me some PT close to my home and did nothing. That kind of attitude is what scares me about the VA. They actually have people working with vets who have chronic pain who have no pity in their hearts. I will never go back to that clinic. I have already found a private pain doctor. What the VA really wants is for vets to sign up for the 19 day in-patient program. I am not spending 19 days in a VA hospital with four people per room.

wow, being a new to the VA i have been with for about 6 months now, i have CPS back and knee, and they just started throwing meds at me, when asked about pt they got me scheduled no problem, except that appointment is 2 months away. I'm amazed also at the lack of compastion that some of these nurses and receptitionist have towards vet. Most of these people i've encountered have never served nor know what we are going through. I've seen WWII vets talk to as if they were garabage, it is terrible to see this and to think that when i'm older there will be some 25 year old receptionist talking to me like that. Anyway sorry about my tangent, my point is i want to be diagnoised with or at least have some ideal whats going on with me. Not throw pills at me and say NEXT.

wow, being a new to the VA i have been with for about 6 months now, i have CPS back and knee, and they just started throwing meds at me, when asked about pt they got me scheduled no problem, except that appointment is 2 months away. I'm amazed also at the lack of compastion that some of these nurses and receptitionist have towards vet. Most of these people i've encountered have never served nor know what we are going through. I've seen WWII vets talk to as if they were garabage, it is terrible to see this and to think that when i'm older there will be some 25 year old receptionist talking to me like that. Anyway sorry about my tangent, my point is i want to be diagnoised with or at least have some ideal whats going on with me. Not throw pills at me and say NEXT.

• HadIt.com Elder

That's what the VA does, unless you demand to have testing done. I've demanded to know why my husband (at 40) has osteopenia! They tried to get away with throwing pills at him, and I called every day, several times a day to request bloodwork and ask that they find out the CAUSE of the osteopenia in a physically healthy, relatively active, 40 year old man. They didn't want to do it, but I kept calling and calling. They got tired of me.