VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain Management Clinic

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello All Hope All Is Well. This is a most unfortunate reality that these Caregivers have become as Society has, Desensitized to Human Beings and there pain.If people can ignore a shooting in the neighborhood and walk by someone whom has been hurt as if nothing occurred,there is a problem.People do not wish to get involved anymore.If the medication can be provided VS. increase of entilement i believe you can probaly get heroin for pain as long as the almighty dollar is not included. JMHO. Have a great day folks.

• HadIt.com Elder

Just remember when you go to the pain clinic they assume that you are a junkie and that if you get the chance you will sell your drugs to get stronger drugs or money. That is why they test your blood and urine to see if you are taking your meds and to see what other drugs are in your system. I am beginning to think all pain doctors believe this.

Jim, im glad u posted this and took the time to do such.. Its the most important tool a vet has and it will get action. The vet has too make sure its not just ranting and raving but a legitimate complaint. They will follow up on it and its worse than a "Congressional Inquiry". The VA has a fear of the Joint Comm. as well as the local newspaper,they immediately go into damage control mode. Trust me on this! Been there done that.. Peace, William

Edited by william n

That's what the VA does, unless you demand to have testing done. I've demanded to know why my husband (at 40) has osteopenia! They tried to get away with throwing pills at him, and I called every day, several times a day to request bloodwork and ask that they find out the CAUSE of the osteopenia in a physically healthy, relatively active, 40 year old man. They didn't want to do it, but I kept calling and calling. They got tired of me.

That is what i do, i feel that i am bugging them calling so much, but as i am finding out if you do not stay on there ass you become the bottom of the pile. I loved that in the service any time you were sick they said here take these motrin ib's, now the va does the same thing oh here take these vicitan and i let us know later how you feel.

• HadIt.com Elder

Here's one for ya:

I'm on codiene and a couple other drugs for pain.

I have pain, and I have been prescribed the pain drugs for this pain, by the VA.

So, then, to help me deal with my pain, I was entered into a "pain management" group grope.

Meetings every week.

I'm taking my drugs religiously (which, in my faith, means with my hat on ;-)).

Meetings every week.

I live 55 miles from the VA Medical Center.

No public transportation.

So, we have one car, my wife and I. She has a job (thank G-d).

I have my meetings every week.

I have to drive to my meetings.

So, I have to stop my pain medications on the morning before my meeting the next day. And, I can't take my pain medications on the day OF my meeting and then it takes the pain medications almost another day to "kick in" to the point of any pain relief.

So, for four days a week, I'm ALMOST pain-free......and for the other three days a week I'm in pure hell......just so I can attend my "PAIN"-management group meetings........

hmmmmmmmm, ahhhhhhhh-hmmmmmmmm contemplate your belly-button.....drift off into a better place where there is no pain.......hmmmmmmmm......breathe deeply, cleansing breaths, think "good thoughts".........hmmmmmmmmmmm....picture yourself sitting in the sun.........hmmmmmmm......I notice here, Mr LarryJ....that you...hmmmmmmmm....are not testing positive for your codiene........hmmmmmmmmmm........so you're another of those NON-compliant patients, huh???..........hmmmmmmmm.......what ARE you doing with those drugs...........hmmmmmmmm....think pleasant thoughts.......drift through your pain to the sunny side..........selling drugs, eh Mr LarryJ?..........okay, group, let's all give LarryJ here the naughty finger........hmmmmmmmmmm........