VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Camera's In Ptsd Group Meetings?

Rate this question

shrlee

Question

My husband has been attending a bi-weekly PTSD Group Meeting at our

local VA for the last eight years.

When he attended yesterday he noticed they have installed camera's

which were scanning the room. He asked the phychologist if they were

on and yes they were. About ten or twelve vets are in the group. The

vets are uncomfortable with the cameras and several of them has quit

venting and are careful of what they do say and most don't talk at all.

The phychologist, whom the vets respect and trust, now also is careful

of what he says.

Were we behind times or is it common to have camera's in the PTSD Group

Meetings?

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I got it through Amazon- some time back I order one that was about 150 bucks but they didnt have any in stock- this one sems the same and was on a special sale-50 bucks- and for 9.99 more I got the service contract too just in case-

I am thinking of buying another one-too-the cordline is 60 feet long from camera to monitor-

it even picks up noise outside on the volume-

I dont expect robbers here in the boonies- it is for Peace of mind- I find interruptions- even from friends-

distracting-when I am busy .

• HadIt.com Elder
I got it through Amazon- some time back I order one that was about 150 bucks but they didnt have any in stock- this one sems the same and was on a special sale-50 bucks- and for 9.99 more I got the service contract too just in case-

I am thinking of buying another one-too-the cordline is 60 feet long from camera to monitor-

it even picks up noise outside on the volume-

I dont expect robbers here in the boonies- it is for Peace of mind- I find interruptions- even from friends-

distracting-when I am busy .

WELL! I suppose I can mark you off my list on my vacation trips (We were only gonna stay a couple of day, sheeeeesh)!

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm sure Larry is still pushing 90* in his neck of the woods. It's already turning cold here in the mountains. It's only supposed to be in the upper 60's for next ten days, and it only goes down from there. I hope we at least get a bunch of snow this year.

I have actually signed a release to be audio taped during psychotherapy sessions. The doc was doing her internship and had to tape all of her sessions for a weekly review by her supervisor. I kind of had a problem with it at first, but I finally got ok with her toward the end (of course). Now she has rotated to different patients, and I see a different lady. I am starting to get ok with her, but she has no need to tape our sessions.

we behind times?

Yes.

As soon as you drive on to DVA property you are under surveillance. If you have a mental disorder, especially PTSD you can expect to be watched like a hawk. They can look and record anything you say, & anything can be held against you in a court of law.

Recently an Iraq veteran with PTSD stabbed his wife to death in Seattle area. Many more such incidence across the country have been popping up.

I don't think they want to tell us what is causing our returning troops to completely loose it enough to wipe out their families. Maybe it's PTSD. Maybe it's something they were exposed to. Either way, they will definitely be watching. I would not put it past them to track Vets off property as well.

Take a good look around your town. You will see many camaras watching.

If you have a cell phone, the phone can be turned on without you knowing it and your conversation can be recorded ANY time. It was designed into the phone.

I close on 10 acres out in the boonies of northern mi (not u.p.), next to national forest, I told my psychiatrist and he said your wife is ok with that......................I said you know I just want to be left alone, hope to build in spring. A friend of mine from active duty used to tease me and told me that I would have a compound when I retired, he was right :lol: