VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lowballed

Rate this question

gp747

Question

RECIEVED LETTER TODAY FROM APPEALS MANAGEMENT CENTER BI-POLAR DIS-ORDER

30% WAS HOSPITALISED IN VIETNAM. FIRST FILED CLAIM 1985 WAS HOMELESS COULD NOT FOLLOW

UP, WAS DENIED. FILED AGAIN SOME WHERE AROUND 2001 TRIED TO STOP CLAIM BECAUSE ALREADY DENIED

BVA ACCEPTED CLAIM SAID WAS SIMPLE ERROR ON MY PART. FINALLY AFTER ALLTHIS TIME 30 % EVEN MY

DOCTOR SAYS SHOULD BE AT LEAST 50%. WAS GETTING PENSION MOST OF BACK PAY ELIMINATED BECAUSE

OF PENSION. HAVE HEP C. SERIOUS GERD , LOWBACK INJURY WAS SCREWED BY WORK-COMP AFTER FALLING

2 STORIES ON CONCRETE SLAB SHATTTERING LEFT HEEL. AM ON SSI WE HAVE BEEN STARVING ,DOING WITH

OUT . WIFE WORKS ONLY REASON WE MAKE IT. I FEEL SO ASHAMED.CAN I FILE TDIU WITH 30%. WHAT CAN I DO

TO CORRECT THIS IN JUSTICE?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Absolutely positivey file the TDIU form-VA form 21-8940-

Under Remarks tell them the side affects of your VA meds that render you unable to work,and also claim any other conditions you have that could stem from your service-

The GERD could be secondary to the Manic Bi Polar-your doctor sounds like he would support a claim for that-as wellas for a higher rating.

Also- did you have a SC back injury prior to the job disability?

What exactly is the SSI for?

The Hep C- did you have any blood transfusions in service or was your MOS Medic or Nurse or Corpsman?

You have NOTHING to be ashamed about at all-

I suggest you get a POA rep and file a Reconsideration Request-I posted info here about that available under the search feature-

MARK your calendar for the date that is one yuear after the date of this decision-you MUST file a NOD within that year if they fail to act on the Recopn Request-

OR you can prepare and file the NOD- I would get a reps help on that-

Attach the TDIU form to it and refer them to fact it is attached- andthen claim ALL other of the conditions you have as they appear to have possible nexus to your service-except the fall injury at work-

(unless you had SC back condition that somehow caused balance problems or something that contributed to this work related injury-)

Once the NOD is filed you can stay with the rep if they seem helpful or you can obtain an attorney at that point- they will get 20% of eventual retro.

I assume that only the bi polar was claimed-did you claim any of the other stuff and they deferred decision?

Please check the TDIU forum on the previous page- TBird went to the trouble to start this new link and I keep forgetting so much info is there- I must have downloaded the 8940 and given the same advise on TDIU a hundred times here already-

and she has given us all the link to the whole 9 yards-

Also- the VA tries to rule out Hep C due to any IV street drug use history or to tattooes-

I have posted plenty of past info here on Hepatitus and vets-avaialble under the search feature-

Skunk,

Get a Lawyer.

That's what I had to do after the VA screwed me around between 7.5 thru 8 years.

The Lawyer got me comped within a year. Sure, it costs 20% of back pay but which is better?

100% of nothing or 80% of something.

GARY

• HadIt.com Elder

Skunk

I filed for IU and I had 30% at the time. You need medical evidence in the form of a report that states you cannot work due solely to your SC conditions. A good IMO can make or break a claim. If you get a lawyer he/she should be able to direct you to doctors who can write the report. They get 20% of your retro but it is worth it. Where do you live? There should be someone in your area who knows how to help you and if not you can get any lawyer in the USA who does vet claims to represent you. File the TDIU form yesterday.

John