VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scoliosis?

Rate this question

octdevildog

Question

a few days ago i posted a question about CPS, well today the VA called and said oh the ortho noticed something in your xray. i have scoliosis of my L-4, and L-5. Said that surgery is not really an option right now, but might be in a few years. I'm 29 and feel like i'm falling apart, i feel good that we pin pointed the problem but they said i have to deal with the pain. "take your meds" Anyways if you have this problem or know of someone my age how are they or yourself dealing with it.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Devil Dog,

Devil Dog here also. I have been dealing with back and leg pain since 1997. Since I am 36 now that would be since I was 25. I was just shut off. No running, no lifting, no nothing. Since then I have gained 45 lbs and gone through various stages of chronic pain. In the beginning it sucked it up. Since a failed discectomy and laminectomy on my L3-4 and L4-5 life has not been so good. I held out five years before taking pain killers. I actually starting having panic attacks and went on sedatives and anti-anxiety pills before the pain killers. All I can tell you is it is hard for anyone else to understand back and leg pain unless they have it. I did Tai Chi and yoga for years. That definitely helped me. I have children now and it's hard to dedicate the time I need to do that type of stuff. Another great option is to find a chronic pain support group, and go to a counselor if you can. You need to be able to let your feelings out. I feel like I have been in jail for 11 years. It's tough but you need to find something positive to focus on. Write a book, express yourself somehow!