VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migraine Claim

Rate this question

Leap

Question

THis is my first time to post... I currently and have suffered from severe migraine attacks since 99. I recently seperated and now going through the Compensation process. My question is, I suffer 2-4 Migraines a week... Everytime I had a "serious" migraine, I went to the Emergency room and properly documented all attacks. Is there anyone out there that can give me an Idea of what % the VA usually gives for "their" migraine claim.

I also have a claim in for Alopecia, Psoriasis, Depression, Eye Surgery (PRK) and Sleep Disturbances... I'm about to submit for Hemroids, PTSD and an Ear problem...

Just trying to get an idea from other personal experiences.

Edited by Leap

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I am rated 50 percent they stated out with a noncompensable rating. The Dr changed the terminology to constant mild headaches not relieved by medication, I appealed and then I was awarded 10 then 30 finally 50 percent. The key is that the headaches totally interfere with your life because you have to lie down and what employer is going to allow you to lie down. Also you can link the depression to the migraine headaches.

I am rated 50 percent they stated out with a noncompensable rating. The Dr changed the terminology to constant mild headaches not relieved by medication, I appealed and then I was awarded 10 then 30 finally 50 percent. The key is that the headaches totally interfere with your life because you have to lie down and what employer is going to allow you to lie down. Also you can link the depression to the migraine headaches.

How long was your appeal process? Everytime I had a migraine I went to the doctor or civ Emergency room for heavy medication and missed a lot of work due to migraines...

"Everytime I had a migraine I went to the doctor or civ Emergency room for heavy medication and missed a lot of work due to migraines"

Leap -are you positive (by your own submissions of this evidence) that VA has this information?

Any med certs from VA pr private docs from the ER as well as any side affects of the "heavy" medications are critical to your claim here for migraines-

side affects alone from medication can alter ones ability to work-and all ratings are based on that factor-the affect to ones employability-

are you still employed?

Dont mean to pry but do you make only a part tme wage? Is it somehow less than the poverty level as income-

I hope you are a rocket scientist making a fortune -please dont misunderstand me -

I am trying to see with this and the PTSD if you should apply for TDIU- Total Disability due to Unemployability- dont remember the new monthly comp rate for that- someone will post it here---

Back in October I attended my 8 hour C&P Physical; which covered depression, migraines, eyes and skin problems... After my last exam, which was the eye exam, they handed my file to me to bring back to C&P - I took a peek at what was in there and they had all my Military Service Records and all the Civilian records I had sent them... Also in there were my initial evaluations from the Mental Health Exam BEFORE my physical from C&P... in there the RN Nurse states I have Major Depressive Disorder & PTSD. So I thought that was good...

As of today, I have been un-employed since seperating from the Air Force; 11 May 05. Currently applying for various positions, but I'm not going to take a min wage job (If you know what I mean).

I'm just nervous about the decision the VA will make on my claim... I entered the service with none of these problems, and now, they consume my life... Terrible Migraines, skin problems which making wearing shorts uncomfortable, losing patches of hair all over the body... whoa is me :D

Edited by Leap

C -

I had to see three different doctors for my C&P Physical... start to finish - 8 hours! What a day that was!