VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bi-polar And Ptsd

Rate this question

gp747

Question

LOOKING AT WHAT C AND P EXAMINNER SAID I SEE BI-POLAR WHICH

THEY GAVE ME SERVICE CONNECTION , HOWEVER DOCTOR ALSO SAID

I HAD PTSD,AND PANIC DISORDER. I FILED A CLAIM FOR PTSD,BEFORE

THIS AND AND HAD TO CHANGE TO AQUIRED PSYCHIATRIC,BECAUSE

THEY SAID COULD NOT FIND NEXUS EVEN THOUGH I WAS HOSPITALISED

IN VIETNAM SAW PSYCHIATRIST,GIVEN THORAZINE. THIS IS NOT RIGHT

THEY ARE TRYING EVERY TRICK IN THE BOOK TO BEAT ME OUT OF MONEY.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can get 100% for bi-polar if it is SC'ed and you don't need to prove PTSD or anything else. I am SC'ed for schizophrenia, bi-polar, panic, ptsd and a host of other things but it is all rated under schizoprhenia because that is the label the VA hung around my neck in the beginning 37 years ago, and who cares as long as you get your 100% or TDIU. Just as long as it is SC'ed and it completely disables you then you are entitled to total.

I am a first time poster, and new to the forum. Can I get a % for my ptsd, mst, cst, tbi, bipolar i have this in my med notes from my psychiatrist notes. what do u think my % rate with all this crap. I hope some one can help me. Right now I have a sc rate of 10% for tbi and a 30% for my depression and 0% for my skin condition, because I have not been going to the doctor because the cream is working. I know now that I made a big boo boo for not doing that. Help please.

Do you mean CTS? I never heard of CST.

All mental health issues get one rating.The VA in your case did properly separate your TBI from your MH issues.

Did you NOD the decision on time?You had a year from their decision.

Does your medical evidence warrant a higher rating for those conditions? The schedule of ratings is here under the Diagnostic code link to the right of the forum page.

If you mean Carpel tunnel syndrome and have a nexus for that due to your service MOS,and anything in your SMrs to support this - you should claim it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sparkle

If you can link to service the answer is yes. You should start another thread to discuss your claim.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Did they say that the PTSD and other mental conditions were specifically separate and distinct from your Bi-Polar that is service connected. When you have multiple psych disgnoses they need to seek a determinatiom of separate and distinct. If they rated you without seeking such a determination my guess is that they considered all your mental conditions service connected or did not think the other mental conditions were properly diagnosed and ignored them. You will not know what they did until you file a NOD and get a statement of the case. Even then the SOC's can get pretty vague. Either way they just gave you a low rating based on a review of your record.

Without recent hospitilizations or long term uemployment it is hard to get a high rating for a psych condition.

Edited by Hoppy