VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Some Help With Pension Benefits

Rate this question

Guest Morgan

Question

My husband's twin brother, a severe diabetic--NSC, had to have both legs amputated within the last four months and could not be fitted with a prosthetic device. He's a veteran, but misses the Vietnam wartime limits by about two weeks. He's getting VA medical care and pension pay already, but I'm wondering if benefits are available that we don't know about. Can anyone help?

Carrie

Edited by Morgan

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I will do this next week. I might be coming back for more of your help. Thank you.

You kept me encouraged when I was preparing my husband's claims for R2 and I think, with your help, I put together a strong claim. The raters have his file again now. They ordered a C&P exam but he was not able to do it. So we cancelled it and requested that they rate it with evidence on file, explaining that the exam would only duplicate the evidence we submitted. That included two private IMOs. They said it would not go against him because he cancelled. He's in the home primary care, for goodness sakes, and the pamphlet states that program is for chronically ill vets who have great difficulty going to the outpatient clinic. I think the new program with the HealthBuddy will help qualify him for the R2, too, in that it is daily physician monitoring of his conditions by telemedicine. I think that would be considered skilled care, what do you think? It uploads his information in Austin (I think I incorrectly said Houston in another post) and the doctors review it, then send it for a second review by his primary care team with suggested changes in medications, or need for further diagnositc tests, etc. It's a very simple gadget that sits on the nightstand and blinks when it has questions to ask me! Pretty neat.

Carrie