VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Form

Rate this question

Old 5311

Question

I started filling out the form today. My MH doc has been urging me to go IU for 3 yrs. Now that I see the Form, and all it asks, I wonder if it is possible to get schedular at all. It seems intimidating. I'm 90% and 65 yrs old. My Civil Service job has been a stressor for years but I hung in there. I will retire with 28 yrs service. My VSO has told me to be sure to put a statement on the retirement form that I am retiring due to service connected disabilities. Jan. 2 2008 is my last day. Maybe my doc will attach a statement. I'll ask him.

Hoping this will help others in the same situation.

Does anyone have helpful information regarding this Form? If so please send it.

Thanks, Old 5311

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Need your thoughts here.

My VA Doc told me yesterday the C & P shrinks are now mandated to decline TDIU claims. Seems that far too many have been allowed in the past. Now I am recommended to try to get diagnosed PTSD to increase my % just enough to make 100%. Afterward apply for 100% due to depresion and OA. PTSD is mentioned often in my file but they wouldn't change the diagnosis a few yrs. ago. I can try again.

My regular CSRS retirement date is Jan. 2, 09. It may look unfavorable to ask for IU after retiring with a small pension. BTW this workplace is nearly unbearable. Vets are hated. 10 point Vets are dispised.

FED. Disability Retirement would be a long, long, shot. I do my job well.

Need to take action in some direction soon.

"My VA Doc told me yesterday the C & P shrinks are now mandated to decline TDIU claims"

SAY WHAT????????????

I need more info where this came from- and I will send it to the House VAC committee-

after the recent major Broo ha ha over the Perez memo on PTSD-

in H VAC hearings and in the national news-this CRAP isnt supposed to be 'mandated' at all-

I will open my PM thing here for your reply-please tell me names and details on this-

or at least what VARO this is----

this goes against ALL the regs- a 'mandate'?????

No -------this is an OUTRAGE-

I posted the actual Perez email here at hadit and also a link to the H VAC hearings on this.

Morehttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/15/AR2008051503533.html

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfMAY08/nf051908-1.htm

The Group CREW and many other advocacy and vets groups made a stink about this crap- there are potentially 300,000 OIF OEF vets with PTSD and who knows how many vets from other service periods have not even filed a claim yet-and the C & P docs at your VA are mandated to deny those claims by virtue of their reports?

The C & P docs that this VA doc described are defying the regs and the most recent statements from Peake on this.

(I emailed you instead of the PM thing and anxiously await your reply-this is beyond an outrage)

Edited by Berta

Hello Berta,

If you emailed me, my PC is down 2 days now. Maybe it will be up this evening for my comcast email. I'm at a DOD desk-top now.

The shrink is in the Gainesville, FL. C & P location. Name witheld here for obvious reason.

My VA-MH Doc told me about this, dashing my hope to a regular CSRS retirement, (due to SC disabilities) followed by 100% TDIU. Now I am going to speak with my VSO for his advice. Yours is appreciated also.

Thank you,

J.

Yes I emailed you- this is obviously regarding C & P docs at VISN 8 -St Petersburg VARO

so much for any claims help at the Port St Lucie PTSD clinic-

This information upsets me very much- as it contradicts the very problems that were raised to the H VAC recently and it also

is so counterproductive to the countless vets and widows here and at other sites who relentlessly try to help veteran get their rightful compensation.

When I read your post I sat here wondering why I spend he time I spend on numerous vets issues off this board and then come here daily too- what for-

If you heard our SVR show last night you will see the toll this advocacy takes on us all-Kelley is fed up-

and will continue some areas he is committed to but someone else will have to take up the vast advocacy he has done in regardings to another veterans issues.

I am fed up too- when I see something like what you described.

I have a lot on myself with recent developments regarding my own claims- and with other things in the vets communities- HR 6562 for example-

BUT I will look into the info you gave us all here-I am contacting the H VAC- but will try to get some names first-

So if I am not around for a while at hadit this is why-

Every single PTSD veteran with a pending claim should be in an uproar about this situation you revealed!

Why would VISN # 8s VARO be mandated and not every other RO too?

This indicates no matter what we do- the VA has been mandated (ordered) to deny PTSD claims.

so much for help and advocacy for PTSD claims-

I am utterly disgusted.

when your email is working again please email me this doctor's name who gave you the PTSD mandate info-