VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well, Bouys And Gulls....i've Been Thinking About Finishing My

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just found a place "on line" that I can finish up my degree.

What the heck, why not?

Wellll, on second thought, what would that do to my 100% P&T?

I mean, it's not like I'd ever be able to actually work as a lawyer. I'd just like to be able to say I finished SOMETHING before I died.

If I DID try to "practice" law, I'd be my second client.

My first client, I'd choke the sh*t out of!

(kinda like Danny DeVito in that movie.........I can just see me in front of the judge and jury, actually TRYING a case)

oh well, it's a dream, but a do-able one.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Has jumped a few bars in my time...um, on horseback?

Go ahead Larry, why not? I believe adult learners work harder in school cause they're the ones footing the bill probably. Heard that getting licensed as a paralegal is a breeze.

Good Luck,

cg

Let me finish mine up and the three of us can open a practice.

Dewey, Cheatum and Howe.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry:

Good Luck. Its a good way to keep occupied and if you can get a Law Degree and Pass Bar maybe you will have to make some decisions than.

In Texas you can go to any school that is supported by Tax Money from State under Hazelwood Act and only have to pay the fee's.

I once toyed with the idea of going to Law School in New York CUNY and work in Public Law. Mrs Pete even agreed to go with me.

After you have the Degree and Pass the Bar you can decide if you can work or not.

GREAT- I am planning myself on taking the NVLSP course again and also returning to AMU.

I admire you for doing this.

I got 1/2 degree in traditional campus and the rest on line at AMU-

I must admit I didnt miss looking for parking spots on campus and all that but AMU was HARD! The Marines started this school on line years ago.

It has gone to be a top notch university-

Check us out if you wish-

http://www.amu.apus.edu/index.htm

There are fabulous degree programs at AMU and of course fully VA and GI Bill approved.

In my opinion-it is harder to go to college on line than traditional way-

the volume of writen assignments seems far greater than traditional-

your PC access and equipment must be up to date and you always need lots of floppies etc-

and then you might have to be proctored -meaning-using a proctor at a local school or library and taking exams on a library PC that the proctor sends to the Professor-

This was only difficult for me because get so much snow here in NY-I had to make sure the driveway was clear very early every day I had proctored exams.and I would pray the the Plow would come before I left the hill.

I commend you!

• HadIt.com Elder

I took the LSAT once long ago and could have gone to some law school but was warned that there were just too many lawyers out there already sort of like a school of sharks that would eventually start to eat each other. Maybe I was given bad advice since I ended up an overeducated laborer with a bad back and aching feet. What a waste. However, whatever moves you forward is good.