VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd-mst

Rate this question

rway

Question

Has anyone gone through In-Patient PTSD-MST Counseling? I know everyone will react differently. But, I would like to know what your experience was. Did it Help at all. Not sure if I can make that step right now. I do not want to give up my alcohol at this time it helps me. I would be going to Bay Pines, VA in Florida.

Thanks for any info.

rway

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guinea pigs...No thanks. Receiving grants to prove treatments work, and play switch-a-roo with peoples meds...heard too much from others so I decline. All know it takes a while for meds to reach a therapeutic level so switching around can be very harmful, and dangerous.

Statistics on the longevity of some programs is dismal, at the very best.

I will ask this person next time I see them if they took her meds away, I am not sure they do in the MST program at Bay Pines.

This person is talking about the MST program and not the pain program which I understand is poor there too.

They don't usually take their meds away, they just play adjustment games...add a little here + change doses here to get the desired results they want...sometimes zombie effects...they are not about to drop them cold turkey in the psych programs they would have major problems on their hands and many delirious people.

• HadIt.com Elder

Not only did they take my Meds away. They made me wait 7 days before they started them again. I don't think I slept more than a couple of hours a day.

By the time I was content sitting in the day room watching Operah I know I was frazzled.

And yes the purpose for being clean of drugs was to experiment on me.