VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ticket To Work

Rate this question

jmack

Question

Is there anyone here that's receiving ssdi and 100% p/t working? Have anyone even attended school? I received a ticket to work and was wondering if anyone else had participated or tried this.

Jmack

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jmack,

My husband was on SSDI for four years.

He decided to go for the ticket to work.

Social Security allowed him to earn any amount he wanted.

Of course, he went for the most money.

He received his monthly check from Social Security for 11 months

during his employment.

He chose to go off of SSDI and continue to work.

He did not or does not receive any monies from the VA.

I do not know if this makes any difference or not.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Betty

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

It gives you a chance to try working again with no penalty from Social Security. I would not feel to confident that VA would honor it but you could ask them.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would not even bring that topic up with the VA if you are getting 100% for a mental condition. How can you trust people who reduce vets just because they don't get a TDIU verification letter each year. They reduce first and ask questions later.

Unless you are getting TDIU I don't think they check on your employment. Just never mention employment to the VA. If they were to ask if you are working just do as Nancy Reagon said "Just say NO". If you could work being self-employed who would be the wiser?

I would not even bring that topic up with the VA if you are getting 100% for a mental condition. How can you trust people who reduce vets just because they don't get a TDIU verification letter each year. They reduce first and ask questions later.

Unless you are getting TDIU I don't think they check on your employment. Just never mention employment to the VA. If they were to ask if you are working just do as Nancy Reagon said "Just say NO". If you could work being self-employed who would be the wiser?

The mental condition is 50% of my 100p/t. I am asking about social security, if there is anyone attending school or using their ticket to work. Again I am p/t not tdiu. I hope that I am making sense.

Thanks,

Jmack

• HadIt.com Elder

My friend, your P&T is not P&T if you show improvement like being able to work. SSDI will give you a chance but the VA may crack down on you if they find out regardless of being P&T. I am P&T for 7 years, but that does not mean the VA won't whack me.

My friend, your P&T is not P&T if you show improvement like being able to work. SSDI will give you a chance but the VA may crack down on you if they find out regardless of being P&T. I am P&T for 7 years, but that does not mean the VA won't whack me.

I have had this discussion once before regarding P&T and P&T IU. And I am well aware of what the VA is capable of doing. They ARE the FEDS. I worked before with P&T but had to quit because of my SC disabilities, "my choice" not the concerns of the VA. That is why I applied for, and received ssdi. So my question only concerns the rules of the "ticket to work" from the SSA not the VA. If the VA denies me when I apply for educational benefits I won't lose it, and that my friend is the only thing that I intend on discussing with the Veterans Administration, "ed benefits not returning to work".

Jmack