VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Als Now Is The Federal Registry As An “interim” Final Regulation As Presumptive.

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

ALS now is the Federal Registry as an “interim” final regulation as presumptive.

I say interim because that is what it says and I no longer trust the Secretary or anyone within the VA.

See link http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/Chas/ALS.pdf

From Berta:

This is the exciting post from 'Zen Archer' at hadit.com I just read-

"We did it! Tomorrow, September 23, the Veterans Administration will publish regulations officially establishing ALS as a service connected disease! Effective immediately, all veterans with ALS will now have access to the highest level of VA benefits without having to prove that their disease was caused by service in the military.

This is a tremendous victory for all veterans and is the culmination of years of work by The Association, our VA Issue Team and veterans across the country. It is clear that our outreach - testifying before Congress, partnering with the VA, advancing research to identify the connections between ALS and military service and educating the public about this issue - have paid off. The Association has championed legislation (H.R. 5454) that would have established ALS as a service connected disease. However, thanks to our efforts at Advocacy Day and throughout the year, this legislation no longer is needed! "

HR 5454 is one of the bills we went to DC to support. I guess it will now be withdrawn from committee but that is just a guess.

Great work by all to get this done. It is much appreciated.

Kelley

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet