VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Copy Of My C&p Today, Bad News Huh?

Rate this question

1994andcouting.....

Question

Sorry I posted this on the wrong forum earlier.....

I received a copy of my C&P exams today...........

Copy Of My C&p Today, Bad News Huh?, C&P 'lingo'

What does this mean?

Exam #1

"I feel that it is less likely than not that her current back condition is related to the fall in service"

Exam #2

"Based on the available information, I find it less likely than not that the veteran's current depression is secondary to her military experiences."

Does this meant that BOTH C&P's are negative?? :lol:

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What does the good doc mean when he said, based on the available

information?

What is mentioned in your service medical records about this fall?

You may have to do as I did and pay for your own Independent Medical

Opinion.

Is your doctor VA or private and has he written a letter for you?

Betty

Edited by Josephine

The letter from my VA doc actually triggered all this (New and Material evidence?). He fully supports my claim for service connection and wrote a letter saying so. BUT the PA's that did the C&Ps say that in their opinions it is not. One even altered a statement that i made by saying that I told him that I had a back injury at a job in either 1991 or 1992 when I specifically said that I had to quit a job in 1991 or 1992 due to back PAIN (ironically I worked for a chiropractor but he did the xrays as a freebie so I have no record of it).

I am at a loss for words. I am just baffled. My DD214 says that I was discharged due to a personality disorder (sound familiar). The mental C&P examiner said that my depression was from a long history not service.

My physical injury was only a couple of weeks prior to my discharge so there is no 'history' other than a couple of visits to sick call. Nothing to say it was 'chronic' at the time.

sigh............I feel sick...........

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this with out a doubt is bad and you will receive a denial for all accounts. Now with that being said if for a fact it happen in Service you need to get IMO to fight back and make sure you are accompanied with your medical records when you do so and it is very important that your doctor performing this eval with Military records mention how he/she came to this opinion using your SMR's. I know this is hard to take, it was for me and I had "it was more likely than not" and "it is at least likely than not" on mine and it was still denied service connection straight out. You are begaining the big fight but don't give up this is what they want you to do...Rich

The letter from my VA doc actually triggered all this (New and Material evidence?). He fully supports my claim for service connection and wrote a letter saying so. BUT the PA's that did the C&Ps say that in their opinions it is not. One even altered a statement that i made by saying that I told him that I had a back injury at a job in either 1991 or 1992 when I specifically said that I had to quit a job in 1991 or 1992 due to back PAIN (ironically I worked for a chiropractor but he did the xrays as a freebie so I have no record of it).

I am at a loss for words. I am just baffled. My DD214 says that I was discharged due to a personality disorder (sound familiar). The mental C&P examiner said that my depression was from a long history not service.

My physical injury was only a couple of weeks prior to my discharge so there is no 'history' other than a couple of visits to sick call. Nothing to say it was 'chronic' at the time.

sigh............I feel sick...........

Sister, if they hit you with the BPD that is hard to shake when its put on Medical Discharge. They tried to hit me with it when I filed and I did close to 8 years of service reenlisted 2 times and 2 tour of combat. I must be the smartest man in the world with a GED to fool so many Doctors over 8 years. But I wasn't slapped with it like you and mine will be fairly easy to beat, but ooohhh on your dd214 That sucks...

Edited by yoggie2

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this with out a doubt is bad and you will receive a denial for all accounts. Now with that being said if for a fact it happen in Service you need to get IMO to fight back and make sure you are accompanied with your medical records when you do so and it is very important that your doctor performing this eval with Military records mention how he/she came to this opinion using your SMR's. I know this is hard to take, it was for me and I had "it was more likely than not" and "it is at least likely than not" on mine and it was still denied service connection straight out. You are begaining the big fight but don't give up this is what they want you to do...Rich

Thanks yoggie2, I was kinda prepared for the worst but because of my docs opinion I thought I had it this time. Well it has been 14 years, no point in whining now. Let the 'games' continue. I am at the AMC now, not sure what the next step is but I wont give up. I just put in a call to my SO to see what he thinks about it. Thanks for the reply.

• HadIt.com Elder

If there is anything in your SMR's saying you had a back injury then I think you have a chance on appeal. I think you will probably be denied at first. Don't give up and file a NOD. I got thrown out on a personality disorder but now get my TDIU. It took time but these things can be overcome. Betty did it in spades 44 years worth. How long have you been out? I had a C&P recently from a PA and it was a joke. I will be appealing the certain denial, but they may have actually expanded my disability by denying one thing, and sustaining a new disorder that is also a secondary condition of DMII.