VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Copy Of My C&p Today, Bad News Huh?

Rate this question

1994andcouting.....

Question

Sorry I posted this on the wrong forum earlier.....

I received a copy of my C&P exams today...........

Copy Of My C&p Today, Bad News Huh?, C&P 'lingo'

What does this mean?

Exam #1

"I feel that it is less likely than not that her current back condition is related to the fall in service"

Exam #2

"Based on the available information, I find it less likely than not that the veteran's current depression is secondary to her military experiences."

Does this meant that BOTH C&P's are negative?? :lol:

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If there is anything in your SMR's saying you had a back injury then I think you have a chance on appeal. I think you will probably be denied at first. Don't give up and file a NOD. I got thrown out on a personality disorder but now get my TDIU. It took time but these things can be overcome. Betty did it in spades 44 years worth. How long have you been out? I had a C&P recently from a PA and it was a joke. I will be appealing the certain denial, but they may have actually expanded my disability by denying one thing, and sustaining a new disorder that is also a secondary condition of DMII.

I got out in 1990. I am already at the AMC on appeal...........what now??? I am physically sick to my stomach........

If there is anything in your SMR's saying you had a back injury then I think you have a chance on appeal. I think you will probably be denied at first. Don't give up and file a NOD. I got thrown out on a personality disorder but now get my TDIU. It took time but these things can be overcome. Betty did it in spades 44 years worth. How long have you been out? I had a C&P recently from a PA and it was a joke. I will be appealing the certain denial, but they may have actually expanded my disability by denying one thing, and sustaining a new disorder that is also a secondary condition of DMII.

Sorry I didnt answer the first part, yes there is an injury that I had in firefighting school. My lower back hurt at the time (I was 19,didnt really think it would come to this, ya know Youth=stupidity and knowitallness). I have diagnosed with DDD and DJD (cervical and lumbar) AND fibromyalgia.

Now Im 38, and in constant pain and these jerks are still jerkin me around.............

• HadIt.com Elder
Sorry I didnt answer the first part, yes there is an injury that I had in firefighting school. My lower back hurt at the time (I was 19,didnt really think it would come to this, ya know Youth=stupidity and knowitallness). I have diagnosed with DDD and DJD (cervical and lumbar) AND fibromyalgia.

Now Im 38, and in constant pain and these jerks are still jerkin me around.............

You were discharged in 1990, let me ask you, What is the earliest

date of treatment for your back injury after service?

Betty

You were discharged in 1990, let me ask you, What is the earliest

date of treatment for your back injury after service?

Betty

It was 94 or 95 but I have no record of it but consistent since 2001 when the pain became unbearable and I started to see a private doc. I swore the 90's visits where at the Dallas VAMC but when asked for it as part of my claim, they say that there is no record of me coming there.

Go fig, my file is so thick that I have just recently begun (sp began?) to go through it and make an attempt to put my personal records and their copies of my C-file in chronological order.

I didnt know I had the option to even file a claim until a visit in late 1993 with a vet rep at the Unemployment office saw my DD214. He asked if I was a disabled vet, I replied no he said go NOW to the VA and start your claim. I did....... the rest is herstory.........

I could be dreaming, Im wondering if I can list this experience as one of my NIGHTMARES when asked about current issues???

• HadIt.com Elder
It was 94 or 95 but I have no record of it but consistent since 2001 when the pain became unbearable and I started to see a private doc. I swore the 90's visits where at the Dallas VAMC but when asked for it as part of my claim, they say that there is no record of me coming there.

Go fig, my file is so thick that I have just recently begun (sp began?) to go through it and make an attempt to put my personal records and their copies of my C-file in chronological order.

I didnt know I had the option to even file a claim until a visit in late 1993 with a vet rep at the Unemployment office saw my DD214. He asked if I was a disabled vet, I replied no he said go NOW to the VA and start your claim. I did....... the rest is herstory.........

I could be dreaming, Im wondering if I can list this experience as one of my NIGHTMARES when asked about current issues???

Since you are at the AMC, you must have been remanded there by the

BVA.

Correct?

Did you have an earlier C&P, if so what were the results of that C&P.

Did the BVA remand order another C&P for you.

Do you feel comfortable posting a link to your BVA claim.

This would help us quite a bit.

To be honest with you, had I not posted mine and every C&P that

I had, I am not sure the members could have helped me put the puzzle

together.

Betty

Edited by Josephine

Medical statements regarding possible Service Connection:

Is due to- 100%

More likely than not- Greater than 50%

At least as likely as not- 50% (Benefit of doubt goes to Vet)

Not at least as likely as not- Less than 50%

Is not due to- 0%