VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Embarrasing Question

Rate this question

octdevildog

Question

Has anyone had a problem with hemorrhoids? I seen a Procto, about a year ago and had a colonoscopy (sic) done. He told me i had rhoids, but also a fissure tear, he wanted to do surgery and after he told me how bad it would hurt i said what are my other options....eat more fiber....well i do that but still have the problems. I just can not have that surgery, anyone i've ever talked to said it is not even worth it. So can i seek treatment from the va i was seen while i was still in and diagnoised (active duty), so is this a service connected disability? I can not find any info online except for people with hemorrhoids in Virgina.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Bro,

Next thing you have to remember is this, no matter how embarrassing an issue is, if not treated, it can/will get worse.

I agree with that statement wholeheartedly. My claim is going down the tubes just because I am/was too embarrassed to open up years ago about something(s) that needed to be addressed. I say tell them EVERYTHING. Dont hold anything back. Doctors are suppose to be able to handle anything and if they do laugh at you, REPORT THEM!

Good luck to you Vet!

Thanks, I do eat right to help things go smoother (ha,ha), but after seeing someone go through this surgery and how much pain they were in i would use it as a last resort. Even the doctor said it will be the most pain you'll ever have, and its not guarentted to fix the problem.

• HadIt.com Elder

Get the surgery. Everyone's body reacts in different ways. You might have it and be fine. John is 100% right about the infection, and you already have fissures, so you need to get something done soon. I would also file the claim. If it's in your SMR's and you have continuity of treatment since your ETS'd, then it should be a slam dunk. I don't know what you are rated for, but if that's a sinlgle 50% rating, a 20% rating for 'rhoids would put you at a total of 60%, and that means a pay increase, and that makes it worth it. Good luck!