VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Chart

Rate this question

ChiefMizer

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• Founder

38 CFR 4 Schedule for Rating Disabilities http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-...fr4_main_02.tpl

Is there a chart stating what ailments are worth (% Disability)? I'm getting out soon and the doctor tells me I have RLS and Sleep Apnea. He said they are a disabling determination.

Is there a chart stating what ailments are worth (% Disability)? I'm getting out soon and the doctor tells me I have RLS and Sleep Apnea. He said they are a disabling determination.

I AM NEW TO THIS BUT I HAVE A QUESTION. I AM RATED AT 10% FOR BI LATERAL TINNITUS

AND JUST RECENTLY HAVE SUDDEN HEARING LOSS IN ONE EAR. TOTAL LOSS..

MY DOC SAYS POSSIBLE VIRUS, MY QUESTION IS COULD I REQUEST INCREASE DUE TO RECENT LOSS BECAUSE I AM ALREADY RECIEVING 10% FOR TINNITUS EAR DAMAGE :lol:

These are 2 separate issues. You would have to put in a claim for hearing loss. Then they will set you up for a C&P to evaluate the loss and proceed there. Tinnitis is paid for in one sum, it is not considered bilateral it just pays out at 10%. Hearing loss is paid out at different levels regarding the amount of loss.

I AM NEW TO THIS BUT I HAVE A QUESTION. I AM RATED AT 10% FOR BI LATERAL TINNITUS

AND JUST RECENTLY HAVE SUDDEN HEARING LOSS IN ONE EAR. TOTAL LOSS..

MY DOC SAYS POSSIBLE VIRUS, MY QUESTION IS COULD I REQUEST INCREASE DUE TO RECENT LOSS BECAUSE I AM ALREADY RECIEVING 10% FOR TINNITUS EAR DAMAGE :lol:

I have a tinnitus rating of 10%. I had a virus which caused me to lose 45% hearing in one ear fora few months until they did an exploratory tympanotomy and scrapped some buildup off on 2 of the three bones in the ear. My hearing came back completely within three weeks post op. I don't know if you had the same situation, but I thought I would mention in case this is correctable for you.