VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Somebody Answer This!

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

My husband went to see a VSO today about filing an increase in his PTSD and trying to get a couple more issues connected to his SC PTSD [ Heart & Sleep Apnea].

The SO came off as a real B____.

He first told my husband that the next bump up was to 60%. [ I knew this was wrong, But i kept my month shut]

He then told my husband not to file for the other issues as they couldn't be connected to the PTSD and would first need to go see his therapist and if he could connect them then he would file for them but not until then! He never let my husband explain that he had already talked about it to his Therapist. and his pcp

My husband was getting really red about the neck as this guy was really making him mad and said " well i can see your having a bad day" he left.

This is the same SO who had filed his claim before,And had been really nice at that time. So do we have to use him again or can we go to another SO??

Thanks, Jessie

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Jessie, as far as I know..you can fire your VSO at any time by sending the VSO a letter revoking there "Power of Attorney" and a letter too the local Regional Office ajudicating your claim(s) or intended claim(s). Then go find another VSOrgainization. However, you may want to wait a day or week and let the dust settle, then reapproach that VSO again. He may have been a little po"d that day himself. Who knows?? I'll let others chime in as I may be mistaken. Peace, William

Edited by william n

• HadIt.com Elder

We all have bad days...VSO's included. That said, I agree with the VSO. You may have already done so, can't tell by your post, but if not, get the therapist and the pcp to sign nexus forms linking the conditions to his sc'd ptsd. It is always best to do this prior to filing the claim. There is a link to the form in my signature. And there is no 60% rating for a adjustment disorder. 0%, 10%, 30%, 50%, 70%, 100%

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry that happened. You have been around long enough to know that you don't have to depend on any VSO. However, you might consider asking your current VSO if you can work with another VSO in the organization.

Good Luck

Sorry that happened. You have been around long enough to know that you don't have to depend on any VSO. However, you might consider asking your current VSO if you can work with another VSO in the organization.

Good Luck

Thank Pete:

Your right!! I have learned a lot from you guys & gals here at Hadit.com, I did most of the work on my son's claim and did it well with all the help i got here. He went from nothing to 70% in just over 2 years. WE did use a VSO when i had something that needed turned in, But other wise i handled it myself. [ Oh by the way my son got accepted for Voc-Rehab letter today]

I was myself just blown away with this man today. I hadn't met him before but knew when i walked in that this was a bad idea.

I think i will let things cool off and maybe by that time the IMO from my husbands Cardio Dr will be back.

I can accept that maybe he was having a bad day too!!

Thanks

Jessie

We all have bad days...VSO's included. That said, I agree with the VSO. You may have already done so, can't tell by your post, but if not, get the therapist and the pcp to sign nexus forms linking the conditions to his sc'd ptsd. It is always best to do this prior to filing the claim. There is a link to the form in my signature. And there is no 60% rating for a adjustment disorder. 0%, 10%, 30%, 50%, 70%, 100%

Rental:

Thanks, I agree we all have bad days!! But this man went off before we barly got anything out of our mouth [ Maybe the stock market set him off] But he was downright rude. I kept tapping my husband knee and pointing toward the door but sometimes he's hard to handle too!!

Any way, His Therapist is going to write a nexus letter for him. His Pcp on the other hand was a not so easy. Still we have a hopefull letter coming from his Cardiologist [ outside the VA]

Back when i filed my son's claim i didn't have anything other than his medical records and research materials i had gotten off the internet to start with. And a couple VSO's told me his claim was so complacated that it would never fly. I kept looking until i fould one i thought i could work with. And with much work and help from Hadit.com we made it happen.

Yes i had to ask for a reconsideration on one issue and NOD another but today he is 70%.

Yes, I know there is no 60% rating on the adjustment disorder, When he said that i knew it was time to leave!!

Jessie

Jessie, as far as I know..you can fire your VSO at any time by sending the VSO a letter revoking there "Power of Attorney" and a letter too the local Regional Office ajudicating your claim(s) or intended claim(s). Then go find another VSOrgainization. However, you may want to wait a day or week and let the dust settle, then reapproach that VSO again. He may have been a little po"d that day himself. Who knows?? I'll let others chime in as I may be mistaken. Peace, William

Thanks William:

I will let things cool off for awhile and then see what happen's. Ok, I give the guy was having a bad day, But gee so early in the morning!!

Jessie