VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Shocked Nearly To Death

Rate this question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

I can not get the VARO to SC me for TBI from open wound to the head by gunshot in VN in 1968. I went to James Haley to the TBI unit and was refered to the speech therepy department, they evaluated me and issued me an ASUS My Pal 696, PDA with a built in GPS unit, citing my short term memory loss and stutering problems due to the head wound, DUH! do you think they are opening the door or what?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Berta, Thanks again for the response. The next time you talk to Meg PLEASE give her my love and a big hello from her adopted son (as she used to call me) John. I am sorry for constantly bothering you with my trivial problems, I have swung the other way and am now sitting here totally Depressed almost in tears and can't figure out why. I know I used to have your telephone number but either lost it or threw it out so I would not bother you any more. Thanks for being there, Keep on helping as you alway's do.

John-your problems are NEVER trivial- you deal with a lot-

I think the sheer frustration of it all gets to us sometimes-

It is pretty overwhelming when you think that you are all disabled Honorable veterans- and the VA just seems to want to give you all the shaft-

and so many people out there just dont care unless they have a vet or active military in their family-

you have tremendous value John-to us here and to your family- that value can never be altered or lowered by the Veterans Administration-even though they often make us feel like Sh-T!

I think you think of the men and women serving now and dont want them to go through the crap you have gone thru- and I think many of us here have those moments of just being so sad at it all-

Vietnam wasnt enough- we have had more wars since-I think this weighs heavily on any combat veteran.

Hang in there Joh and dont let those VA bastards (oppps )get you down-

I think you were misdiagnosed on the TBI- dont know how to get my mind around that though-

you can still have PTSD with TBI residuals.