VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Venting About Horrible Care At Vamc

Rate this question

purple

Question

i know i'm not, by far, the only one who receives horrible care at their VAMC....but i just need to vent. so be forewarned.

i was in a pretty bad car accident on the 19th (not my fault) and was taken to a real ER to be checked out. they did all the normal stuff plus a couple of CT scans and gave me some meds and sent me on my way with orders to f/u with my regular doc. LMAO!!!

so today i saw a prime care doc (mine is gone for 3 weeks). what a waste of 2 hours out of my life that i will never get back. wow. i told her my pain level was a 7 (yes, it hurts still like hell in my neck and head and i have bad dizziness), she asked where it hurt, then told me i probably have whiplash (oh, no shit sherlock), gave me more muscle relaxers after i told her that the ones i have aren't working (she gave me more of the same) (flexeril)....said to give it 3 months and see how i feel and if it isn't any better come back and then maybe they will refer me for PT. omfg.

tomorrow i'm calling a civilian doc and or pain clinic. since the insurance will be paying for this, i'm going to get it treated the real way. i'm only 44 and really don't want neck and head problems the rest of my life and i don't think almost constant dizziness is normal.

ok.....thanks for allowing me to vent.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was diagnosed as having a whiplash with blunt chest trauma after a drunk driver ran a red light. It broke the cartilage between the breast bone and several ribs.

The Navy Dr gave me a foam collar to wear and a sling for my shoulder and arm. After two weeks I was back to scraping and painting buildges in the boiler room. Couldn't wear the collar because of the sling for the shoulder.

It never did heal right. Best take good care of it now. Even then you will always have neuro trouble from it.