VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Doctors Report

Rate this question

DblTap1

Question

My ortho doc will be writing up his final report and is asking for my input.

Facts:

Labral tear arthroscopic surgery

Psoas tendonitis/bursitis

pyriformis sydrome mimicing radiculopathy

no lower back trouble

I have received differencial injections in both the psoas and pyriformis. The psoas injection lasted about two weeks before gradually wearing off. The pyriformis injection did nothing.

I am still AD so SC should not be a problem. Any input as to the language in the report would be appreciated.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Welcome Aboard dbltab-and thank you for serving us!

"I am still AD so SC should not be a problem"

I would think not!

There is a format here under the Independent Medical Opinion forum-

the doctor should make a nexus statement- meaning to directly refer to your SMRs and the inservice evidence of these conditions.It looks like the meds do not entirely alleviate the pain etc so that is something he should mention-

if this condition prevents you from certainly types of civilian employment-he should mention that-

if your MOS had to be changed due to this condition-he should mention that too-

others will chime in here-

I suggest you go to the schedule of ratings here at hadit and try to assess what rating you can expect- then again the Mil- have you been to a MPEB on this yet? is this causing you to muster out under medical separation?

If so the mil will rate you and the VA should provide the same rating-

I am unfamiliar with some of those med terms and will try to look them up and get back to you.

Edited by Berta

Thank you for your service!

Any meds taken and residuals from treatment or meds should also be included (weakness, pain, dizziness, indigestion or heartburn, ect.), especially weakness because...

"weakness is as important as limitation of motion, and a part which becomes painful on use must be considered seriously disabling" (38 cfr 4.40)

Best of luck to you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit and thank you for your service! Glad ya found us for questions and hopefully some fair canswers.

I second this 'meds' motion, had me prescribed on active duty Vioxx and Motrin many years for arthritis, knees, back, etc. Service connected for acid reflux as result could change into other things as I age.(ulcer?)

Best to ya,

Cg!

Thank you for your service!

Any meds taken and residuals from treatment or meds should also be included (weakness, pain, dizziness, indigestion or heartburn, ect.), especially weakness because...

"weakness is as important as limitation of motion, and a part which becomes painful on use must be considered seriously disabling" (38 cfr 4.40)

Best of luck to you.

Wow, you folks are incredible! I expected to maybe receive a response in a day or so... Thank you!

With as lost as I feel, I can only imagine what some of you have gone through to be where you are at with the knowledge and insight.

I haven't been "invited" to the MEB yet. Even though I can barely walk or sit. I have 27 months left before 20 years. (I know I could have said I have 18 years in, but this way sounds shorter!) I am hoping to fly low and stay out of radar. I have most of my records together. My fear is that although they seem pretty clear to me that VA or DoD will find holes. I have 11 seperate issues to be addressed. 3 of them I don't have documents from field medics from deployments. But I do have the REFRAD Dr's notes. All three are being medically addressed now. The others are from stateside to include an EPTS of a torn meniscus. All others are in service.

The local VA was helpful regarding records. I went in to get treatment records and they copied me on the spot. They told me that my St. Louis records were also available but they would have to mail them to me in a few days. Are they always this slick or are they setting me up??

Does anyone know who I can send this list of medical issues to that can tell me the best way to package it all and what to include? I would like to get started soon with the VA before I retire.

Is there any access where you are stationed as to the DAV, AL or any veterans organization?

When you muster out they will have many briefings for transition-my daughter (USAF) went to the Navy transition VA briefing-

she said it was excellent- there was a service officer there and some guy from the VA too I think- but of course this was just a basis overview of the claims process-still at that time as I understood her description of it-there was a Service rep to handle claims either that day or who was around on the base periodically to help with VA claims.

In her briefing (she was in 7 years)

there were officers and lifers-so this info is the same for all when it comes to the VA.

You could potentially be eligible for CRDP or CRSC-too-CRDP Concurrent Receipt Disability Payments and Combat Related Special COmpensation (CRSC)

There is lots of info here at hadit on those benefits-and at Military.com

Edited by Berta