VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Left Out In The Cold

Rate this question

CaravanDan

Question

I have been forever trying to find extra help for handling my claims,The only person I found is out of state and is very busy,every veteran group.

Edited by CaravanDan

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Dan:

You are not out in the cold but you need to do some of the work to get the ball rolling. Seems to me that your biggest obstacle is getting OTH changed. It has been done many times before. I recommend that you go see the VVA Chapter in your area and ask for help.

For your claim you need copies of your Service Records, Copies of your Medical Records VA and private or public.

Work on your claim and bring everything together including a Medical Opinion if you can get it. Have you dealt with Social Security as that can help your claim also.

Almost everyone on this Board had to deal with a slow and seemingly idiotic VA so don't feel that it is personal.

Good Luck

Make sure that your NOD time doesnt run out-

The VA decided my reconsideration request last year-but used the wrong evidence (they listed my AO claim IMOs and of course they couldnt opine on them in the NArrative because they have nothing to do with the CUE claims I filed Recon request on. They ignored completely the legal arguments I raised with evidence from M21-1,38 CFR, 2 General COunsel Pres Ops etc-

and I filed the NOD -luckily- in time for the year NOD cut off and also under the new June 20th 2007 Lawyer regs.(Buffalo VARO)

Have you filed a NOD yet? they could string this out to make your NOD time frame run out-

What lawyers are charging this expense for the OTH change?

Can you give me their names?

The VA lawyers regs are quite clear-20 % of any retro-

It only takes some postage fees to start the OTH change process-

Has the VA ever made a Character of Discharge Determination on your OTH?

Were you the same vet who I felt was given inappropriate advise by NYSDVA? If so- I want you to know I got them on the carpet-with the OGC-

still-

OTH is not always necessarily a bar to VA medical care or to VA benefits-

Years ago I helped a vet get a UD (Undesirable Discharge ) changed to a HD.

I dont recall the process and it involved a Court Martial from a Army Kangaroo court-

Vet reps know the process- and no lawyer should be charging this kind of money-

What is the status of ypur VA matters and have they made a Character of Discharge decision yet and if so did you appeal it?

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello Caravan, not sure if I welcomed you to Hadit. I see you too have some military, VA gripes and claims stuff going on. Thank you for your service and sacrifices. I wish you good luck on the consideration of discharge.

My thoughts, since the VA gives you medical support, do you have a copy of your C-File and va medical records? service medical records too? I found my records the most valuable resources. Thanks PETE!

Have you already posted specifically what you applied for and what the va response was? That'll help Hadit help you.

I just mention this because for VA stuff, I've been a slow learner, to go get my files and figure out the next steps. Post my va decisions. Thankful with other Hadit members had the experience to sort it out. In fact since I've been here, its been a reality check. Got some things straightened out. Not that I always like the answers either, but I guess thats life. ha.

Again, welcome and know VA has benefits, just we vets have to work to get them.

Hadit has been my support in the battle and saved my young family, honestly.

Heres wishin' you and your family the best,

Cg

Hello Cowgirl, We just found out recently about getting my Hospital VA records from back then and I believe they have been requested..

Edited by CaravanDan