VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Hospitalization

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a Dental Appointment Tuesday Morning at 7:30 to get some prep work for a bridge. Early on in the procedure I started having problems with breakthrough pain and after he gave me more pain medicine it still hurt and I tried to tell him to stop. The next thing I knew was I woke up surrounded by a lot of people standing over me looking at me just what a Panic Disorder person loves being surrounded by a bunch of people that they don't know.

Anyway the Dentist wheeled me down to ER and than they admitted me to VA as they were afraid that I had a stroke. I had X_Rays/ CT Scans and an IV put in. I was admitted and stayed till 4 PM yesterday. They gave me IV Fluids, sugar and orange juice and no medication till 8 PM when I was given 6 units of insulin cause my blood sugar had gone up to 388. I did not get any other meds till I threw a fit at midnight when I said no more blood draws till I had zanax.

Some medication I take its in my records and they never gave me

Heart Medication Losartain and Metropopl

Diabetes Meds I got 2 shots in 21 hours total of 29 units when i take 128 unites of Novalog and 82 of Lantus a day

Meds I take daily but did not get in VA

Finastrade

Omeprazole

Aspirin

Metformin

Gabapentin

Niacin

Tamsulosin

Plavix

Simvastin

Citalopram

I was pretty much on my own.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm sorry you had to go through this Pete.

Sudden withdrawal from meds like you take, can cause life threatening effects and they should have known that.

That was a close one. Glad your still with us.

Allan

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks to all who responded and imed me. It helps to know that others care about what happens. I think that is one of the best things about Hadit.

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Pete,

So glad to hear you are doing better, that was a true scare and a real VA induced nightmare. Thank God you recovered.