VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Migraine Sufferers?

Rate this topic

Guest Susan S

Wow Jenn, I really feel for all you migraine sufferers. When he gets back on the Board and sees others here who can relate, that in itself will make him feel better. Thanks for the info and I'm passing it ALL on to him. BTW, Jenn, he tried some strong coffee a night or two ago and it DID help him for a short time. If it would just hold it off permanently, I'm sure he would hook up a coffee IV. Thanks again,

--Susan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
We have a veteran on the Board who is down with severe migraines.  He is in a dark ;) quiet room with ice packs on his neck but still has the throbbing and pressure behind eyes...can't shake it...anyone here have any "home remedies" for migraine pain relief?  Suggestions???

--Susan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm open for suggestions myself. I do the same thing as your friend. I suffer from them often myself. I've tried all kinds of pain meds to no avail.

I have Fibromyalgia also. And when it flare up and i get hit with a migraine too. Oh boy there have been times I have wanted to just die. And I'm not afraid to admit it does make this grown man cry.

:lol:

• Founder

ice helps, i take something called midrin (sp?) and that helps. a shot at the er of immitrix also works for me.

let us know what the doc says, he can't let him lie there and suffer that way there has to be a better solution

I feel for anyone whom has migraines as I have suffered from migraines for 22 years now.

I am unable to take triptians such as imitrex, etc., Demerol and morphine. I am able to take Darvocet which helps a little but the best med for me is Stadol. The VA does not carry it! I have a private dr prescribe it and I use the nasal spray. Within 5 mins the pain is gone. Unfortunately, so am I for about 5 hours.

I have not been able to work since February 2004 since I have 3-5 attacks per week. I use ice packs on the top and sides of my head and heat on my neck and it seems to work.

I have a claim in now for TDIU due to migraines and depression secondary to migraines. I will keep all informed on the progress.

Marine Dog, Have you tried torodol? It is a very powerful anti inflammatory and ius not a narcotic. It will have the same result as the Stadol but without the funky tingly feeling after you lay down. Unless you take phenegren also. That is a different story. I have had Migraines for 20 years also and This is the first medicine that actually helps. Next attack, go to the Va and ask for a torodol shot.