VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ditty Bag

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Denied IU; Nod time;

Ditty bag packing list:

One ssdi determination letter with sc med conditions primary&secondary.

One VA 60% single issue rating .

Do I need to add another IMO and new 21-8940?

Thanks

CG'up!

Edited by cowgirl

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can go ahead and ask for the DRO. You are alotted time to present new evidence. The DRO submission only starts the clock.

It could be the simple fact thet the VA did not even recognize the increase. My bet is that they just didnt look at it and issued you a denial just for the sake of issuing a denial to get you on the claims completed list.

The SSD for the service connected issue should be reconsidered. I would ask them to do that and also ask for a DRO review. I would also get an attorney.

I know that many disability processes do not allow the companies to act in Bad faith but the VA gets away with it every day.

Again, Spurs in the side hurt. Kick them hard. It is your benefit, you paid for it with your health.

J

Edited by jbasser

CG - refresh my old worn out mind B) Did your SSDI come through while the IU claim was pending or prior to the submission of the claim? If during the process did you send them a copy of the SSDI award?

• HadIt.com Elder

Ricky, you dont have a worn out mind with that type of laff! Ha. And thanks for posting, cowgirls need inspiration too!

The IU claim was put in this year and SSDI later.

Cg'with Hadittude!

CG - refresh my old worn out mind B) Did your SSDI come through while the IU claim was pending or prior to the submission of the claim? If during the process did you send them a copy of the SSDI award?
Edited by cowgirl

Ricky, you dont have a worn out mind with that type of laff! Ha. And thanks for posting, cowgirls need inspiration too!

The IU claim was put in early this year and SSDI late spring. The IU claim was denied this summer and ssdi is newly awarded; $ in the bank.amen. Don't know if that matters or not.

Cg'with Hadittude!(stubborn 'n proactive!)

It matters a bit in how you proceed. My recommendation is that you take the SSDI award (and any medical records associated with it) and ask for a reconsideration since it was not a part of your claim (I assume they did not have it based upon your post). I would then get the IMO and submit the NOD approximately two months later if you do not hear anything on the reconsideration.