VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can't Take Mental Harassment

Rate this question

simple fly

Question

this is in an area i can't categorize. i have been suffering from ptsd for 34 years,claim is in finally,diagnisis is done.since i got out of the military,i have worked twice for the federal govt.this time i can see retirement in the distance.now here's he problem,on a daily basis,my coworkers ,bang on my office wall for eight hours a day and run away,5 days a week.when i react,as i usually am scared shitless,they laugh and jeer. i have asked,pleaded,try to explain my ptsd.my supervisor has been unable to get them to back off.this has been going on for years.

what can i do?who can i turn to? my shrink knows this but offers no solution.i feel like i will lose it before i get my claim and retirement.

anyone ever get this treatment at work?and a federal gov job to boot.i need help soon.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

There is a special place reserved in Hell for those that would harass a disabled vet. Do as "vaf" suggests and keep your cool. You have received some good advice here on how to handle this situation.

I have a bad case of PTSD and would have already taken a baseball bat to somebody which is exactly the wrong thing to do. I can reason until I lose my temper and then anything goes. I am glad you are not as ignorant as I am. B)

Anyway you can get an undercover cop to come in your office? These people have to be the sickest evil minded perverted people ever..to taunt a disabled person, or any person, is a crime. Follow some of the suggestion offerred by others.

Buy one of those fake cameras and attach it above your door and maybe these idiots will think they are being taped and will stop. Your supervisor is a wimp, and you need to document everything on date/hour and give the next supervisor the proof. (always keep copies of everything)

Keep going up the ladder till someone listens. Have you tried to ignore them? I know it would be hard but if they see they don't get a response out of you maybe they will taunt someone else. Can you have a radio in your office area? Use it to your advantage if you can.

• HadIt.com Elder

Simple Fly

If you apply and are approved for disability retirement on the basis of your service connected disability then that would be good evidence for a TDIU claim even if you are only 10% now. I was 30% when I applied for disability retirement and it helped to get me TDIU. I also applied for SSDI as soon as I stopped working. If worse comes to worse you could also apply for workers compensation. If the harassment at work is aggravating your PTSD then that is a compensable illness. You can apply for both disability retirement and workers compensation. If you get workers compensation that is 75% of your gross income. That is what I did when my bosses started harassing me. File the EEOC complaint and file a grievance. All these things are used to determine a workers compensation claim. Like has been said you should start to keep a log of all these acts of harassment. When you bring this up to the supervisor make note of this and ask her to sign it. Your job now is to build a case for illegal harassment. Notify every authority in your job that this is going on and put them on notice.

John, the supervisor most likely will refuse to sign anything. Instead, I would suggest that he mail it to her office via certified mail - return receipt requested to his home, or set his e-mail up so it requests a confirmation that the e-mail he sent was opened and then print that confirmation. He can send it from his home e-mail and his office e-mail. To be on the safe side, I'd e-mail AND send it certified mail, return receipt requested.

Chances are the person who picks up the mail will sign the green card, not the supervisor. That's all simple fly needs for proof of delivery.

Edited by vaf