VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

21-526

Rate this question

DblTap1

Question

Hello again,

I have been working on my 21-526 for a few weeks now. I feel like I have ADHD! I have about 13 different issues that are going on my 21-526. Many of them I have been seen by multiple doctors and treatment dates are unclear as I am still seeing some of them.

Example: I have a hip problems that I go through my PCM to a ortho for labral surgery and pain management doctor because it is deeper than the ortho doc wants to operate(psoas/illiopsoas and pyriformis syndrome). How should it be listed?

Another example: I have been seen by VA for plantar faciitis, again in Iraq during deployment, again on demob at Ft. Lewis, and again by my PCM, and finally by a podiatrist. The podiatrist finally "officially" Dx'd me with Posterior Tibial Tendinitis, bilateral (Adult Acquired Flat Feet).

Do I list all of them?

Just for detail... VA said nothing about flat feet in '96, MTF in BFE or BFI B) '03 said flat feet, Ft. Lewis '04 said flat feet, PCM '08 said "ummm... I'll refer you", podiatrist '08 says "your dogs are just worn out from over use. Dx- Posterior Tibial Tendinitis, bilateral"

21-526

109th Treatment Information

Disability name Posterior Tibial Tendinitis, bilateral

Date disability occurred 09/2003

Treatment beginning date 09/2008

Treatment ending date

Name of doctor Dr. Neuman

Name of hospital

Address of Doctor/Hospital 123 Main St., Yourtown, USA

Thanks for reading!

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When you are reading about someone who is active military and has VA disability, it is actually someone who was previously awarded VA comp, then went into the guard or reserves, then was called back to temporary active duty for the war. You do have to completely ETS/retire before you are eligible for VA disability compensation.

Dbltap1...

First,,,,,

If you are still active duty and you filed a claim while still in the service, the service will send that application and the service medical records to the VA. However, no action can be taken by the VA to process or provide copies until a service discharge has occurred.

I understand fully why you are concern about applying...the most important thing you should be doing now..while you are still active duty is to go over your SERVICE MEDICAL RECORDS...to make sure that everything is documented...

EXAMPLE...if you were told to go on a low sodium diet because your blood pressure was too high..that could equal out to hypertention...unless your medical records states you have hypertension while on active duty it will be a up hill battle in some cases to get awarded hypertension...So if you think you have hypertension go in and make a point to be tested to have it for the record!!!

***please note the reason why it is so important to have any condition that occurred during your enlistment service connected really amounts to sercurity for your family...FOR EXAMPLE...if you should have hypertension that emerged during your active duty enlistment...and you drop dead of a heart attact due to your hypertension...then you died of a service connected disabilty and your family will still be able to collect DIC...but lets say you are not service connected for hypertension (even tho it did occur while active duty) or any heart related conditon..and you drop dead of a heart attack..your family may not be entitled to future benifits because you died of a NON-SERVICE CONNECTED DISABILITY...hopefully you are following what I am trying to say.

Sleep apena...if you have been told you snore...or if you fall asleep or are tried during the day...go to the base clinic and tell them that you have been snoring loudly lately or that you are falling asleep in your chair have them do a SLEEP STUDY before you get out of the military...

once you get out if you do have sleep apena you may not ever be service connected by it...many troops due to shift changes or other factors develop sleep apena...if you are diagnosisd with sleep apena and need to use a cpap machine I believe the VA comp. is 50% compensation.

also you will be given a form asking if you have ever been sexually assulted while in service be honest..if you were assulted check yes...I know that this is a senative subject...but it is important that it is done.

let me see...if you are feeling stressed or have alot of aniexty step up and make sure that is documented in your MILITARY SERVICE RECORDS...

you need to make sure you GET A COPY OF YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS ALL OF THEM WHILE YOU ARE OUT PROCESSING...do not seperate until you get a FULL copy of your medical records...

Get names of buddies and a pernmant address...there folks...someone who will know where they are...you many need them down the road

take picture's ...they are worth a 1000 words...

well...enough said...the point is GET ALL your ducks in a roll before you get discharged...it will make things easier...

MT

Edited by mountain tyme

Thanks to all for the time you have put into your replies. I have Dxs for everything. I just don't trust the MEB/PEB. The doc out at our local Fort has been pretty cool in letting me slide on these lengthy profiles without initiating the MEB. But sooner or later it's gonna come.

As I understand it the PEB will only rate one disability to establish med retirement. The most debilitating issue is my hip and it may not bring the needed % for a med retirement.