VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay Just Got It

Rate this question

maxwell18

Question

I was reading a article on the internet about the VA just paid all back pay up to date,this was yesterday. I called the 800 number and the person said the check was mailed yesterday. I asked don't they direct deposit it? She said no for some reason they mailed it. Guess what I got it today the check $7524.00 for back pay CRDP. After about 30 phones calls to DFAS and the VA, many e mails and letters i got it.....Now I'm going to start on the rest of back for 100% ratings that were back dated making me 100% P&T and year earlier then the last claim date....

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

GREAT!!!!!

DFAS and the VA have sophisticatd calculators-to figure out retro

but they are run by humans-

when you have a minute to deal with it-by all means see if the retro amount is correct.

Good for you. Atta way! Check the compensation table rate charts for the years past up to and including the current to make sure the amount you received is correct. I usually go to www.va.gov and check benefits compensation and go to the table rates where you can get the amounts back some years too. Just click on the year in question and you will see the rates for those years in values. Good luck with all of your proesses in your claims endeavors. B)

Just a followup, I don't know the periods I was paid for, all I got was the check which was wonderfull. But anybody expecting back pay maybe should check on it. I got the information off "Retired Officers Assc" that all back pay was paid, this was thursday last week. By the way I am retired enlisted but do get e mails from them. Very imformitve site.

If they're saying everyone's been paid, that's incorrect. Everyone has NOT been paid. My husband being one of them. The DFAS folks told him he's not the only one, either. All delayed payments are related to the VA not sending in a form SLC-06, something or n'other. We wrote to the OGC wanting to know why there's been a two-year delay since my husband was told he was eligible to receive his retro. Not a penny so far, he called DFAS last week and was told there was still no form filed. We sent them the rating sheet we received from the VA, only it appears that is not good enough.