VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SHREDDING OUR TRUST IN THE VA -- 10-13-2008

Tbird

• In Memoriam

Sad part of it is they are saying that they are doing this in the name of the Veterans Privacy.

Our top Senator, of Veterans Affairs, says that it is only because there is not enough room for the VA to store the records. This is an excuse that says the shredding is OK, because there is no room for the records.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that with the VAs supposed interest in electronic record-keeping that they would simply scan all of these documents into their system and immediately return them.

Oh wait.....OMGosh.....somebody might have to work at the VAROs..........nevermind.

There are plenty of solutions it's just too bad the VA won't hear any of them.

• HadIt.com Elder

ST. Petersburg lost my evidence and claims so often I got to the point that I would only hand deliver stuff to them. They scare me. I have gotten denials from them that contained so many errors and were so dumb I could hardly believe it. My and my psychologist can't make heads or tails of some of their decisions. They are just not logical.

• HadIt.com Elder

I at one time thought this would be ideal. Scanning medical records into a data base for providers that give me or my family care. No Not Ever my thoughts. Okay I know my info is all over the place even with Hippa. My reason three different doctors in less than a 24 hours told me that's most dangerous. Va and civilian Drs.alike. Each said don't support it.

Seeing near all the Drs. only keep what I consider 'tight' notes, meds, straightforward diagnosis and tests ordered. Docs said they would never have thier personal medical records online due to safety.

We are vulnerable I feel , with Ssa, Va, Dmv, Insurance and IRs not to mention white pages reverse # lookup & satellite imaging.

I see minimal release of information key to everyones safety. No paper checks or regular mail sounds extreme? My bank is starting to charge for paper 2009.

Shredding is a fact and I tell everyone military related Copy Medical records and again later same year. Then keep them safe.

My rant, my heartbreak for vets claims shredded.

Cg

It seems that with the VAs supposed interest in electronic record-keeping that they would simply scan all of these documents into their system and immediately return them.

Oh wait.....OMGosh.....somebody might have to work at the VAROs..........nevermind.

There are plenty of solutions it's just too bad the VA won't hear any of them.

Edited by cowgirl

House Committee on Veterans' Affairs

335 Cannon House Office Building

Washington, D.C. 20515

or fax your letter to: (202) 225-2034

or call: (202) 225-9756

Call, email or write to your Congressional representatives and join countless veterans who have already called the Committee on Veterans Affairs, demanding a hearing on this latest fiasco-

A few VA employees have posted at VA Watchdog their knowledge of this situation-not just in the 4 VAROs named but all over the country.

Since Directors of every VARO had to make a report to DC this AM- after spending the weekend looking for any missing mail or claims-

maybe a lot of missing stuff turned up.

Veterans and widows -per many vets sites- are taking action on this and writing,calling, and emailing their congressional reps as well as the Committee H VAC and S VAC-

As Larry Scott said there is more to come and we arent going to like it.