VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SHREDDING OUR TRUST IN THE VA -- 10-13-2008

Tbird

I have to add taking the worse VARO's in the US I'd have to say these one we are hearing about are the only ones that got caught and they were doing it with such ease they just got plain sloppy. What scares me the most is I had documents that would have proved my claim with out a doubt concerning my medical issues and I was treated in combat zone and at home while in service and all there is left of my Mental Health jacket at all is just exams from where I entered service all other documentation is gone. Documentation of in service treatment does not now exist at all now I have to assume for my self that they have been shredded as well and now I have to go the long way around to prove a claim. As I said thee are the ones that got caught and I believe the VA would have you think its only these couple of offices and a few bad apples, after what I have been through and seen here on this board and read over the last 3 years they will never convence me of that.........

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

House Committee on Veterans' Affairs

335 Cannon House Office Building

Washington, D.C. 20515

or fax your letter to: (202) 225-2034

or call: (202) 225-9756

Call, email or write to your Congressional representatives and join countless veterans who have already called the Committee on Veterans Affairs, demanding a hearing on this latest fiasco-

A few VA employees have posted at VA Watchdog their knowledge of this situation-not just in the 4 VAROs named but all over the country.

Since Directors of every VARO had to make a report to DC this AM- after spending the weekend looking for any missing mail or claims-

maybe a lot of missing stuff turned up.

Veterans and widows -per many vets sites- are taking action on this and writing,calling, and emailing their congressional reps as well as the Committee H VAC and S VAC-

As Larry Scott said there is more to come and we arent going to like it.

recently my medical records showing my hospital stay in the navy were located after twenty years of denials. Va says to me if you were sick how come you didn't get medical help at the VA?

I replied well from 79 to 1995 or 98 i was told and turned away from the va medical plan because you have to be service connected thats why. VA says oh.

According to NPRC the VA charged out my medical records back in 1982 and had those missing records in their possession all the time.

Never i'm sorry. Never what can we do to make it right.

Now I'm going to pass on to you an article from the New York Times in regard to the recent mess in Texas and other points dealing with shredding. Ya Hooray the New York Times, yes the New York Times.

ARTICLE TITLED : VETERANS AGENCY FINED FOR DESTROYING DATA

BY ROBERT LINDSAY SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES JANUARY 9, 1987

LEAD: RULING THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION HAD UN LAWFULLY AND RECKLESSLY DESTROYED THOUSANDS OF DOCUMENTS A FEDERAL JUDGE TODAY IMPOSED $ 115,000 IN PENALTIES AGAINST THE VA

THE AGENCY HAD BEEN ORDERED TO PRODUCE THE DOCUMENTS IN A LAWSUIT BY VETERANS CHARGING THAT THEY WERE EXPOSED TO RADIATION.

WAS SENT TO ME BY VIETNAM VET FROM

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9BODE7D6153CF93AA357

Hum? 1987 and now it's 2008 and now veterans keep getting denials.

remember the record back in the 60s their coming to take away ha ha

their coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time

their coming to take me away ha ha their coming to take me away

recently my medical records showing my hospital stay in the navy were located after twenty years of denials. Va says to me if you were sick how come you didn't get medical help at the VA?

I replied well from 79 to 1995 or 98 i was told and turned away from the va medical plan because you have to be service connected thats why. VA says oh.

According to NPRC the VA charged out my medical records back in 1982 and had those missing records in their possession all the time.

Never i'm sorry. Never what can we do to make it right.

Now I'm going to pass on to you an article from the New York Times in regard to the recent mess in Texas and other points dealing with shredding. Ya Hooray the New York Times, yes the New York Times.

ARTICLE TITLED : VETERANS AGENCY FINED FOR DESTROYING DATA

BY ROBERT LINDSAY SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES JANUARY 9, 1987

LEAD: RULING THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION HAD UN LAWFULLY AND RECKLESSLY DESTROYED THOUSANDS OF DOCUMENTS A FEDERAL JUDGE TODAY IMPOSED $ 115,000 IN PENALTIES AGAINST THE VA

THE AGENCY HAD BEEN ORDERED TO PRODUCE THE DOCUMENTS IN A LAWSUIT BY VETERANS CHARGING THAT THEY WERE EXPOSED TO RADIATION.

WAS SENT TO ME BY VIETNAM VET FROM

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9BODE7D6153CF93AA357

Hum? 1987 and now it's 2008 and now veterans keep getting denials.

remember the record back in the 60s their coming to take me away ha ha

their coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time

their coming to take me away ha ha their coming to take me away

VA to be fined? hum? how does this work? deduct away our tax dollars used to fund them to help veteran? or does this mean they will be a little light of those x-mas bonuses or the veterans suffer worse than ever? How does this work exactly compared to jail time? This makes me sick at my stomach I mean really sick.....

VA to be fined? hum? how does this work? deduct away our tax dollars used to fund them to help veteran? or does this mean they will be a little light of those x-mas bonuses or the veterans suffer worse than ever? How does this work exactly compared to jail time? This makes me sick at my stomach I mean really sick.....

well what they will do is give all veterans employees a raise for saving them a LOT

of money , then they will take the tax money used to fund the operation and get some of it probably a lot so they can move it to another program and they can say we cannot hire any more people because we dont have the money. and naturally this

will double your claim time. why didnt they think of this before?

• HadIt.com Elder

Grent welcome to Hadit. I was discharged in 1970 and first time in a VA was 1991 and after that I have 3 letters from VA saying I was not eligible.