VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nysdva

Rate this question

Berta

Question

If anyone here wants to enjoin the complaint I filed against NYSDVA reps (and former director Basher) please let me know here in the profile contact thing-

There isnt much time left-

State exactly what they did that caused you problems with your claim or what they were supposed to do but didnt.State what office and which rep.

state briefly any steps you took to get it resolved.

and your contact info-

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Never mind- I think they have plenty of evidence as it is-

and maybe this will change this POA org for the better-

Edited by Berta

Berta, it is funny that you posted this. When I went to Buffalo with my mom about her VA situation I asked about my DRO hearing. The VA called down a rep from NYSDVA who reviewed my claims and C File ("oh boy, you're a 3 file C File guy I see"). He asked why there were so many duplicate files and I told him that I received little guidence from NYSDVA and so I was using my "cover my six" approach. He asked if my rep had told him to come to Buffalo ahead of my DRO hearing to review my case with a rep there and I said no. He lost it. He said that he was going to go off on my rep. I also told him that my rep told me to not file for PTSD until all of my current claims were settled. Again he lost it. He said that 'you file for everything at once.... and if something else comes up, you file for that!".

He told me that my rep was in for an A** chewing and that he hoped that he would be in Buffalo the day of my hearing so that he could represent me.

A week later I got a call from my rep sounding very nervous. I didn't return his call........

I didnt quite get what you mean-

was this a VA VSM or someone from NYSDVA?

The main NYSDVA rep up there (at least he thinks he is the main one-I am not sure of the pecking order-)

has his rear end in the wringer-big time- due to my OGC complaint-

I have evidence that appears to show collusion between a DRO and this same rep-

or it shows the VA employs illiterates as DROs-

or it shows this state rep held back my evidence deliberately-

and colluded again with the VA a few months later-

This is how I presented my documentation to the OGC.It is up to them to find out what really happned.

I got wonderful news last week-from the OGC-at least that was my reaction-this has been taken seriously-beyond my hopes-

I have nothing to gain at all from this-

I unbuggered my claim myself-

this is for the million plus men and women in NYS who served or are serving now and their dependents and who have them as POA or who might attain them as their POA.

The BVA verified part of my complaint in the remand.

I sent this off to the OGC as well.

Two Buffalo reps were named in my complaint.

If anyone wants to make a formal statement to complain about this vet org- I will open my PM thing and give them my contact info.And also who at the OGC who is handling my complaint.

I mean a statement that they will willingly sign and share with the OGC.I can't tell the OGC anything-in anyone elses behalf unless I have evidence to back it up.I have heard plenty of stories about this local POA office from vets but it means nothing without them coming forward.

They can send it to the OGC directly themselves too- it really doesnt have to go through me.

Edited by Berta

Berta, sorry for the confusion.

The receptionist at Buffalo VARO went down the hall and got a NYSDVA rep to meet with me about my upcoming DRO hearing.

That NYS DVA rep (he is based out of the Bath VAMC he said... does two days a week in Buffalo. Big guy, can't remember his name) asked if my rep here in Rochester had told me to submit all of my duplicate copies and I told him that my rep was "letting me handle the claim as I seem to be doing good with it". This got the NYS DVA rep furious.

The rep I was talking to also said that he knew the DRO who would be holding my hearing. I THINK he refered to the DRO as "her" if that matters. I also looked in my C File and saw an envelope and letter from 1994 that were not included in my free C File copy so I explained that I thought I had a CUE due to VA making no attempt to find me back then and I showed him proof that I could get mail at that address just before and after the letter was sent back to VA. The NYS DVA rep said that I had a good "point" but that VA could just blame it on the US Postal Service saying "we tried to mail his C&P exam requests to him, the post office screwed up". He said a CUE is almost impossible.

The things I am looking for are:

SC for IVDS for my back.

COmplete IVDS exam as opposed to just the range of motion exam given when they denied SC.

Increase in my right knee from 10% to 20%.

Possibly getting my 0% since end of service right knee raised to 10% due to the whole exam letter never arriving back in 1994.

The hearing is next Friday so I will post how it went no matter what.