VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Uscavc Attorney Referral

Rate this question

dav_marine72

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Does anyone know a good attorney for the USCAVC? My attorney told me my motion for reconsideration at the BVA was granted so I told her to dismiss my case from there. Come to find out that is not the case. What happened was the court found out that I submitted my motion for reconsideration to the BVA prior to my appeal to the USCAVC. So the court wants to send it back. I do have strong evidence they overlooked but I don't want this thing sitting around forever. If I can get a GOOD attorney I may dismiss the motion at the BVA and stay at the court. Thanks.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The CAVC has a full list of practitioners at their web site (Lawyers)

http://www.vetapp.gov/practitioners/

It pays to search the recent CAVC cases with their names in the search to see how many cases they won.

Also there are CAVC lawyers listed at the National Organization of Veterans Advocates web site.

If you click on the link Berta provided, you'll find a listing for attorney David Boelzner. We have personal experience with Mr. Boelzner, and we recommend him highly without reservation.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks everyone. I talked with my attorney today and explained I was confused. I wanted to see if she would move forward. Even though I didn't feel she explained everything to me. She said she'd file the stay at the court to keep it there but was dumping me as a client. Like I need this shit!

Remember the cues and the gut feelings you got from your dealings with this attorney when you go to find a new one. If they happen again, find someone else. It sounds like you never felt really good about this arrangement. Follow your instinct next time. Your next attorney should be able to pick things up from where she left them, with your input. This isn't rocket science.

Call David, see if he can help you. If not, there's a guy in New Jersey who I would also have seriously considered, heard a lot of good things about him. Karl Kazmierczak in Oakland, NJ.

Your attorney doesn't have to be local to you, they can be located elsewhere and still sign you up.

Once you make new arrangements, you'll feel much better.