VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still More Delays, Award Decided Sept 10,2008

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

I'm single, so I have no one who an accrued award could go to, if I should die while waiting for my award check with accrued payment. I was awarded an increase to 10% from 0%, it may seem small and insignificant to some, but to me who lives on a SSDI check, month to month, even the $116 I would be adding from a VA SC disability check will come mitty handy this winter. The $1046 accrued thus far equates to about 2 1/3rd tank fills for propane to heat my home this wnter, which is about three months or more of heat I can pay for and needed help paying for last winter. It also may mean I could possibly register and insure my mini pickup with it's lift and do more than depend on the handicap service van to get around, it could well mean I can finally go fishing and gather wood for my wood stove for next winter and reduce my heating costs even further.

This waiting is driving me nuts, I've had to increase my anxiety meds and my psych meds on occation. If I hadn't already had my depression meds increased, I would have had to increase those too I believe.

I'm sure my award is held up somewhere in finance as they decide if I should get my accrued award or not, but like everything else with the VA, delay is their motto.

IT'S MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

Rockhound Rider :angry::angry::angry:

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This is just my opinion, if the money is to come from the R. O. Send out internet messages, but click the complaint so it will go to D. C before it goes to your R. O.

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

Rock, mail or direct deposit? If direct deposit is possible you could ask the bank to call you because you have special circumstances of concern. IF by mail, remember to copy the check for a paper trail. If I recall, my stuff came in a month or less, faster when I was busy tho!

I am happy you got your foot in the door!

Cg

Hang in there Rockhound! I too well know how every dime counts. I've had to watch my wife cry as she tries to figure who gets paid and who doesn't and begging the electric co for another few days extention against pulling the meter. I get so mad I could just--- :angry::angry:

At least I am mobile and lve in the country so wood is no problem. I have good neighbors who have checked to make sure we have enough but that, at least, is one handout we've not had to beg for.

Does anyone think an inquirey through IRIS would do any good, to find out what the delay might be, or is that just a waste of time and would only add to my anxiety waiting to hear back from them as well?

Rockhound Rider :angry:

I'm writing this in blue, because I feel like I am blue in the face from holding my breath, waiting. LoL LoL LoL