VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Detroit News

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...0403/1409/METRO

this is the same contact person who wants to hear from any Detroit vet as in my prior post

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

**evil laugh** Lets make it a point to put all our faces and stories out there on Veterans Day.

I've forwarded this story as well. I think the cold truth is that no one gives a shit about veterans. Maybe on this upcoming Veterans Day, if anyone here is interviewed, or anyone you know is interviewed (that seems to be the only time the media cares)....that would be the time to bring up the truth about what is really going on within the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

this is my response to CBS

The document hiding is nationwide not just Detroit

My claim is being handled out of Columbia VARO SC, I filed my claim in Dec 2002 it is now 2008 6 years later and so far they have lied to Senator Larry Craig about my claim, Renee Szybala Director Compensation and Pension claimed I was not used as a human test subject at Edgewood Arsenal in the chemical weapons and drug experiments from June 1974 thru August 1974.

She told him that I got sick on 10 July 1974 and was sent back to Fort Lewis before any experiments began, I however had copies of my paperwork showing me arriving on 25 June 1974 and leaving on 22 August 1974 and it shows I was exposed to LSD just before my arrival at Edgewood in unusual circumstances at Fort Lewis, Washington. It was slipped to me by another soldier, that the Army now has no record of.

In Nov 2005 they told Senator Craig my problems could not be related to Edgewood, in April 2006 they award me 100% P&T for PTSD in regards to an attempted murder and robbery in Alaska in Feb 1975 they do not want to discuss the experiments at Edgewood in 1974.

They have lost and misplaced many of the documents I have submitted over the years.

Edgewood Arsenal Chemical Agent Exposure Studies 1955 - 1975 same site http://fhp.osd.mil/CBexposures/edgewood.jsp

Thisd Happened to me in Atlanta Georgia VARO. Destroyed Records.Also NPR archives can not locate all Medical records during active duty on hospital records.

• HadIt.com Elder

NPR can't find all of my husband's records either. He was seen countless times for his kidneys, eventually they said he had "athlete's kidneys" (He had urine that looked like tomato juice) and to this day, they still won't let us claim his current kidney problems. Several times during his deployment in the Gulf he was treated for "athlete's kidneys." Can't find those records either. The kidney problems started AFTER his deployment, never before, and have continued since then.

Thisd Happened to me in Atlanta Georgia VARO. Destroyed Records.Also NPR archives can not locate all Medical records during active duty on hospital records.