VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will Va Cola Follow Suit?

Rate this question

halos2

Question

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I will take it and run, this evens the score with my property tax peeps....being even is better than behind.

Have you looked into your veterans' State Benefits? SOme States have a property tax exemption. ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Maurice our 5.8% is higher than active duty military are only getting 3.5%

they are in a worse position than we are let's get real, we are never ever going to see that 25% the VDBC committee recommended it would bring us up to what they believed parity would be but most of us do not just have our VA checks most have SSD or other retirement incomes or savings some don't but for the most we do and not all disabled vets get 100% or TDIU either we could be in their shoes so I am grateful for what we do get

Maurice our 5.8% is higher than active duty military are only getting 3.5%

they are in a worse position than we are let's get real, we are never ever going to see that 25% the VDBC committee recommended it would bring us up to what they believed parity would be but most of us do not just have our VA checks most have SSD or other retirement incomes or savings some don't but for the most we do and not all disabled vets get 100% or TDIU either we could be in their shoes so I am grateful for what we do get

I think that he 3.5% the military is getting is just a pay increase not a COLA. I think they will end up with a cola as well, expecially since their raise was signed into law before the governement decided the cola. we will have to wait and see, but hopefully they will not get screwed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Test:

The 25% Parity may come at a steep price as I understand to get it 100% Veterans will have to opt out of what we have now and could be subject to a review every 3 years. The other good thing is spouses would have a fixed 65% of what the VA pays us if we pass first.

Lots of things to consider and I also understand that the VA has to do something within 9 months or so.

Keep your fingers crossed but the economic times we have stumbled into will probably have something to do with it.